Chapter 18

At the time the school's bell rang, their last period teacher got her stuff from the teacher's desk before bidding her goodbye to her students and walked out of the classroom.

Students soon began walking out enthusiastically from their classroom to head back to their houses or wherever places they go after classes.

Amidst placing his things in his bag, Beomgyu felt a continuous poke on his shoulder. He turned to his side and saw one of his classmates.

"Oh. Ryujin right?" He guessed. The pretty girl smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. Uh.. can you accompany me to Mrs. Lee's office in the meantime? She requested me to come to her office after classes and said to me to get another person to accompany me to help her with some tasks." Ryujin said.

"Sure." Beomgyu answered. "You can go first outside, just wait for me for a moment."

The girl nodded and walked out from their classroom.

Beomgyu eyed Taehyun who was currently packing his stuff that he used as he neared beside him.

"Taehyun-ah.."

Taehyun looked up at the older. "Yeah?"

"Let's head home together, okay? I just have to do something with Ryujin in Mrs. Lee's office. Are you okay if you wait for me outside? But it's okay if you don't want to, and head home already."

"No, it's okay hyung." Taehyun smiled.

Beomgyu smiled back, reaching the younger's head and patted it softly. "Okay."

Taehyun nodded. Beomgyu then walked out from the room, Ryujin immediately leading their way toward Mrs. Lee's office.

Lucky enough for Taehyun, Yoochan didn't attend classes this afternoon. He only sees the boy in the morning. So, he's kinda safe for now to wait for Beomgyu outside their room.

And so, he waits. He was squatting on the floor in the hallway outside their room while doing his assignments to at least kill boredom from waiting.

He halted writing when he heard the whines and struggling voice of someone coming from the hallway. He looked up and saw a college student, currently handling a seemingly heavy pile of books in his hands. The books wobble, almost toppling.

Taehyun fixed his things and put them in his bag. He placed his bag on his back before approaching the boy to help him.

"Let me help you." Taehyun got some books in his hands which made him sigh in relief.

"Thank you- oh, you're the boy's boyfriend that I had bumped into in the morning."

Taehyun blushed at that, but shook his head in denial. "No, I'm not his boyfriend. We're just friends."

"Oh."

"Soobin right?" Taehyun asked. The aforementioned male nodded.

"So, where are we gonna place this?" Taehyun eyed the books on their hands.

"In the library."

When the two reached the library, they immediately placed the books in the bookshelves.

"Thank you-?"

"Taehyun, Kang Taehyun." Taehyun smiled, lending his hand to shake hands with Soobin.

"Thank you, Taehyun."

They both later on walked out of the library, chatting with some random topic they picked. Surprisingly, they got along easily. Their ways soon separated when they reached the school's gate.