Chapter 19

When Beomgyu and Ryujin were done helping Mrs. Lee in her office with some tasks, the two immediately walked out of the room. Ryujin suggested for the both of them to walk out of the campus together but Beomgyu said Taehyun was waiting outside their room, making the girl confused but never asked questions. She just nodded, though deep inside she kinda wanted the boy to be with her for at least a little longer.

Beomgyu hastily went out of the area and walked towards their classroom. Honestly speaking, he missed the younger, although it's just been more than an hour without seeing him. When he finally reached their room, he didn't see Taehyun which made the smile on his face falter (Taehyun is in the library with Soobin at that time) but soon his smile grew back, thinking that maybe the younger had already gone home. So, he got out there quickly to head home.

At the moment he reached their house, he quickly ran upstairs to check on the younger in his room and knocked on his door.

"Taehyun, are you in there?" He asked, but he received no response.

"Taehyun?"

"Oh sir, you're home." Their maid popped up on his side, startling him.

"Are you looking for Taehyun, sir?"

Beomgyu nodded. "Yeah, where's he?"

The maid wrinkled her forehead. "He didn't come home yet, sir. Aren't you two classmates?"

Beomgyu frowned. Taehyun didn't come home yet? He thought before he hurriedly gave his bag to the maid and ordered her to place it in his room.

Anxiety started growing up on Beomgyu when he went out of their house and began searching for the younger. He could only think of one place that Taehyun always loves to go, which is the tree. So, he goes there but still, he doesn't see any figure of the boy.

Beomgyu guesses that maybe Taehyun went back to his aunt and uncle's house, but they already shooed him away and there's no valid reason for Taehyun to go back to that hell-like house. Thus, Beomgyu just decided to head back to their campus because maybe, Taehyun just went to one of the school's restrooms or anywhere at the time he went back to their classroom when they're done helping Mrs. Lee.

Beomgyu wiped his sweat on his forehead while breathing heavily, looking around his surroundings to check if there's any figure of Taehyun.

Not too far away from their school, he saw a seemingly strange car (he didn't see this car when he went back home), but he paid no heed, not until he heard muffled screams.

Beomgyu searched for the scream without noticing himself that he was stepping near the car.

"BEOMGYU-HYUNG HELP ME!" With that, Beomgyu's eyes widened. He recognized the voice very well. He immediately reached the car and opened its back seat door widely. He got aggravated at the sight because there, he saw Yoochan being on top of Taehyun who was in a crying mess while trying to avoid Yoochan's kisses, being pinned and laid.

"You piece of shit!" Beomgyu cussed. "What do you think are you doing?!" He harshly pulled Yoochan away from Taehyun, dragging Yoochan out as he grabbed his collar before throwing a punch to his face.

Yoochan grabbed Beomgyu's hand on his collar and removed it away from him before paying the same action that Beomgyu made, muttering, "Guess the transferee boy is here." as he smiled slyly.

Beomgyu didn't mind the sting near his lips to where Yoochan punched, instead he went to Taehyun and lifted him up on the seat.

"Just stay behind me." He whispered in Taehyun's ear as he helped him out of the car. He reached the younger's cheeks to wipe his tears, but before he could do it, Yoochan grabbed the back of his uniform and threw him on the ground which made him sit as he groaned in pain. But he stood up and eventually attacked and attacked Yoochan with all of his strength which led to the boy choking at the end, face bleeding as his body weakened.

"DON'T EVER TOUCH TAEHYUN AGAIN! NOW YOU BETTER GO BEFORE I MADE UP MY MIND AND FUCKING CALL MY DAD TO GET YOU TO JAIL! YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" Beomgyu yelled.

Defeated, Yoochan struggled to get inside of his car before driving off.

Beomgyu stared at the car that was moving away, muttering a few curses until it was out of his sight.

When it was out of his sight, he turned to look Taehyun behind him, forming a small smile, but was taken aback when he saw Taehyun's state.

Taehyun was currently standing like a statue, looking at nothingness while his mind processes what just happened. When he was out of his trance and saw Beomgyu looking at him, he turned his back at the older, wiping his tears while buttoning his uniform though his hands trembled while doing so and once again, tears trickled down on his cheeks. He bit his lips and cried silently. He can't believe what happened. Yoochan just fucking touched him, and he can't help but feel disgusted to himself.

Beomgyu walked in front of him. Taehyun hurriedly tried to finish buttoning his uniform, although almost all the buttons didn't pair up on their designated buttonholes.

Beomgyu softly grabbed his hands and stopped him. And that's what when Taehyun can't take his silent cries anymore. He abruptly buried his face in the older's neck and bawled there. Beomgyu accepted the younger in his arms, letting him bawl as much as he wanted. He reached the back of Taehyun's head and caressed it to give him comfort.

They stayed like that for a few minutes. At the moment it was just Taehyun's sniffles and low hiccups, Beomgyu pulled away to fix his buttons and necktie. He brushed Taehyun's tousled red hair and wiped the tears stained on his cheeks before removing the younger's bag from his back. He placed it on his chest for him to carry it instead.

He looked down at the younger's bleeding wrist and saw the bandage loosely covering it. He reached for his hand and inspected his wrist before looking back at him.

"Let's go? I have to treat your wrist."

Taehyun nodded and let out a faint smile. "Thank you."

"What are you thanking for?"

"For helping me."

Beomgyu smiled. "I'll always be here to help you, Taehyun-ah." He spun around for the younger to face his back and bent his legs, preparing his back. "Hop and I'll carry you."

"No, I'm heavy."

Beomgyu shakes his head. "No, just hop."

"No."

"No, just hop." Beomgyu stepped a bit backward, grabbing Taehyun's arms carefully, since he might hurt Taehyun's bleeding wrist, and wrapped them on his neck, forcing Taehyun to hop. And Taehyun hopped nevertheless. "Don't blame me if your back gets hurt."

Beomgyu chuckled and nodded, holding Taehyun's thighs while Taehyun wrapped his arms around the older's neck for him to not fall, cautious while doing so because of his wrist and buried his head on the crook of Beomgyu's neck. Beomgyu then started walking on the pavement. Few minutes later as Beomgyu continued walking, Taehyun called Beomgyu softly.

"Hyung."

"Hm?"

"I love you." He muttered, head remains buried on the older's neck. He dozed off after muttering those words.

Beomgyu blushed and almost stopped from walking at that, but tried not to while his heart rapidly thumped in his chest.

He kissed the younger's head momentarily before mumbling an, "I love you too."

If only Taehyun hadn't fallen asleep, he would've been shy doing those because yeah, their relationship doesn't have any label and are basically just friends.