twelve

⁀➷

⁀➷

Everyone excluding Pepper and Tony piled aboard the Benatar.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" asked Rocket as he swiveled in his seat.

Natasha, Steve, and Rhodey glanced around each other and raised their hands.

"Why?" asked Rhodey.

Rocket turned back around. "You better not throw up on my ship."

Nebula turned on the switches to prepare for the jump. "Approaching jump in three - two - one!"

The ship jumped forward into a wormhole, and Steve immediately held onto his seat. Ophelia bit back a grin. The ship slowed down, and the ship hovered in orbit of the planet seen in the hologram. Carol hovered in front of the Benatar.

"I'll head down for recon," she announced before flying down.

"Are you prepared, brother?" questioned Ophelia.

Thor solemnly nodded, turning Stormbreaker in his hand. "I am."

Carol approached the Benatar, a confused expression on her face. "No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him."

"And that's enough," rasped Nebula.

They each filed out of the Benatar, silently waiting until Carol and Bruce made the first move in order to cue the rest of them in. Carol flew through the roof, knocking Thanos down, and grabbing his neck. Bruce in the Hulkbuster armor burst from the ground and grabbed Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet arm for Thor to fly in and slice it off. Ophelia appeared behind him and brandished two swords in the form of an X. Rhodey flew down with Rocket and aimed guns on Thanos' head. Steve and Natasha walked behind him silently while Rocket kicked over the Infinity Gauntlet. The stones weren't there.

"Oh, no," murmured Rocket.

"Where are they?" demanded Steve.

Carol bent Thanos' arm back further. "Answer the question!"

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation," he answered.

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce spat out, pushing him to the ground.

"You should be grateful," Thanos retorted

"Where are the Stones?" asked Natasha.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms."

"You used them two days ago!" exclaimed Bruce.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am...inevitable."

"You are a beast," Ophelia insulted.

"A Titan," he corrected.

"We have to tear this place apart. he - he - he has to be lying," stammered Rhodey.

Nebula shook her head lightly. "My father is many things. A liar is not one of them."

"Ah, thank you, daughter," he complimented.

Nebula looked down, a bit uncomfortable. "Perhaps I treated you too harshly."

Thor's face filled with rage as he summoned Stormbreaker and sliced Thanos' head off. His limp body fell to the floor. Nebula wiped off some of the blood splatter on her face.

"What... What did you do?" Rocket asked weakly.

Thor looked broken, realizing what he has done. "I went for the head."

"Are you an idiot?" hissed Ophelia. "He could have had a way to reverse it!"

"There is no way," he coldly retorted before walking out of the shed.

The runes on Ophelia's flesh lit up, pink hues spreading on her body. She gripped her sword as she stomped after him.

"Thor Odinson, you utter idiot!"

"Don't Thor Odinson me! Where were you when Loki rebelled against Asgard? When I was sent to Sakaar? You stood by his side each and every time! Now, you're on my side because he's dead! If he were alive, you wouldn't spare a glance at me!"

Her fingers clenched against the handle of her sword. Her runes were glowing brightly. Lightning crackled in the corners of his eyes as he gripped Jarnbjorn.

"Take that back," she demanded.

He shook his head. "I will not because it's the truth, is it not?"

She grunted in frustration. "You are my brother!"

"And so was he, but you always picked him! Long have I lived with you following after him like a mule. Long have I loved you and him no matter what, but you leech off me because he is no longer with us!"

Stormbreaker crackled with lightning as Thor glared at Ophelia. Rings of enchantments formed around Ophelia's wrists and ankles.

"You do not want to do this, brother," she warned.

"You forget who has lived longer."

He charged at her first, but she met him in the middle, their sword and axe clashing against each other in the form of an X as they pushed against each other. Lightning struck in various areas in Thanos's garden as the two gods fought. The rest of the team filed out, watching in sadness as anger destroyed the siblings.

Thor pushed against Ophelia and she was pushed back twenty feet, heels and toes digging into the dirt to stop. Before anyone could blink, she appeared in front of him once again and slashed his side. He grunted, swinging his axe and cutting off inches off her hair.

"STOP!" Steve shouted. "You're going to kill each other!"

Ophelia breathed heavily, glaring at her brother before deactivating the enchantments. "Congratulations, brother. You've lost another family member."