eight

⁀➷

⁀➷

Odin kept Ophelia on Asgard after learning of her infatuation with a Midgardian man. She screamed her protests, but was ultimately confined to Asgard.

For weeks, she moped and pouted and ignored her father, as well as Loki who insulted her taste of men every chance he got. Thor was more understanding and babied her in order to make her feel comfortable, while their mother pampered Ophelia and ignored all talks of the Midgardian man who captured her daughter's heart.

Once, Ophelia attempted to sneak into Midgard, but got caught by Heimdall whose loyalty was that of the Allfather. Odin kept her under tighter security for months.

By her second year of being a captive on her home world, she buried herself in studies of ancient sorcery and battle strategies. She trained harder in order to grow stronger because she would never live in peace if she didn't see Steve one last time and tell him the truth.

By the time she managed to convince Heimdall to let her sneak out into Midgard, she was hit with shocking news that rendered her devastated. The old apartment that housed Sarah and Steve Rogers was occupied by a family of three, who said the old tenants passed away.

She didn't believe it at first until she asked them about a man named Steve Rogers. They told her of a man by the alias of Captain America whose real name was Steven Grant Rogers. They told her the heroic story of how he crashed an aircraft in order to save civilians. They told her how they celebrated his bravery and mourned his death.

Ophelia returned to Asgard and never spoke to a soul about her first love. She focused on her studies, listened to her father obediently, and traveled to planets in order to better herself at sorcery.

Steve never understood what Midgardian meant until seventy years later when Thor said that same word and explained what it meant after Steve asked. He never asked if Thor knew a woman named Ophelia because there was never a time or place for it. Most of the times Thor came back from Asgard was whenever there was trouble on Earth.

The secret love of Ophelia Odindottir and Steve Rogers was known to no one except themselves, but they had lost too much in those years, and they would lose more.