Chapter 2

It felt good; our kiss. He grabbed my neck and pulled me closer. I placed my hand on his chest as we kissed slowly and romantically. It actually felt more than good, by that time. But when I felt his hand reaching for my hips, I finally realized that we were going too far.
"Connor - Con," I moaned pulling myself away from him. I didn't want to stop, but I didn't want to continue either. Connor was one of my best friends, and I knew that what we were doing was wrong, and could seriously ruin our friendship forever. Even though I was madly in love with him secretly, I didn't want things between us to change this quickly.
"Um... Yeah, sorry," he said, a little disappointed. I knew he loved me as much as I loved him, but I also knew he would understand why I hesitated. "We, um... We-"
"This - this wasn't supposed to happen... I'm - I'm sorry, I-I need to-" I hesitated.
"No! Don't, please. Please don't leave!" He told me.
"I won't... Until I know someone will keep you company; I can't leave you alone," I shook my head. The silence joined us again, and it was really awkward. "Connor, don't take this the wrong way, please. I-I don't want to ruin what we already have, that's why I stopped. I didn't want to go too far too fast," I broke the silence.
"I get it, I understand; I really do. I just- I got carried away. I'm sorry," he told me.
"Don't be! It... It was nice; those couple of minutes," I smirked. I was lying; those couple of minutes weren't nice, they were magical; kissing him, feeling his skin get warmer as we did.
Ricky called me right after I said that, and interrupted Connor who was beginning his sentence.
"Bethany! Are you still with Connor?" He asked.
"Yeah, why?" I answered.
"Okay, good! I thought something happened to him; he's not answering his phone. What was wrong? Why was he crying?" He continued with his questions.
"I'll tell you later; I don't want to mention it now," I explained.
"Oh, yeah, okay; I get it. Don't forget to call me, okay?"
"Sure, love you! Bye," I said.
"Love you too, Bethers!" He said and hung up. I put my phone on silent, so it wouldn't disturb us, and put it in my purse.
"Where were we?" I sighed.
"Heh," he giggled. "Um... Who was that?"
"That was just Ricky, don't worry," I assured him.
"Oh, okay. Eh - I wanted to tell you that to me, those minutes weren't nice; they were magical... But I know that it's best if we keep our distance and stay best friends... Even though my love for you is - sorry, heh... I wasn't supposed to say any of that; I guess I just had to admit my feelings for you... Sorry," he said.
"No! I-It felt magical to me to, but I just... I was too embarrassed to admit it," I smirked. "I love you, Connor. To be completely honest with you, I've been in love with you ever since we met; you had me at Hello. It felt so good when we finally kissed, but I don't want to lose everything if something stupid happens; I don't want to ruin our beautiful friendship because it means the world to me! You understand, right? I'm doing this because I love you way too much," I admit my feelings to him at last. The song Someone New started playing in my head right that moment, as I stared into his beautiful greenish eyes.
"Me too... I just wish things weren't this complicated; I really wanted us to happen," he said.
"Me too," I said. I leaned in and kissed his cheek this time. "How are you feeling?" I asked to check on him.
"About what? This or-?"
"In general," I answered.
"Bad; I'm angry with everything right now, to be honest... I hate myself!" He said and started tearing up. What I love about Connor is that he always speaks his feelings, and is never afraid to tell anyone what he's thinking about. But I kind of hated myself for what I had done, right that moment; I had reminded him about his father, and it was killing me.
"No, Connor! You did nothing wrong, okay? Listen to me; we'll give it a shot, okay? Just not right now. What happened between us is not because of you, it's about us caring about our relationship! And what happened with your father, it's somewhat his fault and a hundred percent not yours, okay? You can't hate yourself for this, because I love you more than anything in the world and I hate that you're saying that," I told him. I hugged him as he whined, his face against my shoulders. "I love you, okay? I love you," I whispered repeatedly as I softly brushed his hair with my fingers. I held his face, wiped his tears and made eye contact with him; "I love you, Connor," I told him. He nodded as in 'I love you too' and hugged me again.
I slept over that night, because the O2L boys were all extremely busy; I know that because they would've all cleared their schedules for one of their best friends when in need. I slept in his bed, right next to him. Our bodies were locked together, and his arm was around my waist the entire night. I was surprised my hair didn't tickle his nose, though. I woke up to his alarm; at 10:45A.M. He told me he put it just because sometimes he sleeps like a baby and doesn't wake up until 3:30P.M, but he still sleeps through it, which I find pretty cute.
"Good morning!" He told me as I tried to fall back to sleep.
"Hey," I smiled turning to his side. "How are you?"
"I'm great; thank you for staying and keeping me company, last night, by the way. You really made me feel better," he told me smiling.
"No problem... It felt great; sleeping next to you, mister!" I said sarcastically.
"Hehe," he chuckled. "Want to stay over for breakfast?"
"I already told you; I'm not leaving until I know someone will be with you to make sure you're feeling better," I told him.
"Well I guess you're not leaving 'cause I live alone," he winked. "Plus, nobody could possibly make me feel as good as you do, Beth." This made my heart tingle and my body shivered happily as I blushed.
"I would love to," I told him smiling.
"Bethany?" He called.
"Yeah?"
"Can we start things over... And forget yesterday ever happened?" He asked. "Everything about yesterday; my dad's accident and... Not our kiss, but, everything after it?"
"Sure, but I don't get what you mean by 'everything after it'... I'm a little confused," I told him. I knew exactly what he meant, i just wanted him to say it out loud... For some reason.
"I don't know how to put it... Um... Can we just remember the kiss? Those five minutes? Like - can we forget everything but the kiss?" He tried to explain what he meant.
"Oh, yeah - sure - but what exactly do you want us to do now?" I asked.
"Nothing, just forget it," he answered.
"The kiss?"
"No, this conversation!" He chuckled.
"Okay," I smiled.
We made breakfast together, and I'm not going to lie, it got pretty messy! Let me just say I ended up making it by myself... But it was worth it; we both ate and told jokes and Connor had completely forgotten about his dad.
Connor kept on trying to flirt with me, and I kept my distance... For our own sake. We both wanted to be together, we just couldn't. I wanted to restart and give it a shot, just not that day.
I later realized it was a Sunday, and that we had a math quiz the next day, so I had to excuse myself in the nicest way possible.
"Dammit! Connor, I'm so sorry, but I need to go soon, before it gets late; I have a lot of homework to finish by tomorrow and I don't think I can finish them all in only two hours, and I have a huge math quiz," I explained. "Wait a minute, let me just call Ricky and tell him to come over." I got my phone from the room and found out that my mom and Ricky had been calling the entire night before. Roxy and the O2L boys were also a part of the 113 missed calls and messages. I stressed out and called my mom first of all to explain what had happened, and she was surprisingly completely fine, because I "helped a friend go through one of the toughest moments of their life," and then I called Ricky.
"BETHANY NOEL MOTA; WE WERE ALL WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU AND CONNOR!" He yelled into the phone. "For your information, young lady, most of the YouTubers slept at the O2L house, just to check if you answered? How many missed calls did you get from Roxy, Kian, JC, Sam, Trevor, Andrea, Jenn, Arden, Lauren, Lia, Alexi, Anthony, Joey, Jack, Andrew, Brent, Rebecca and Lilly? Because they are all here, right now, and they are all as worried as I was a couple of seconds ago!"
"Oh my God! Seriously?" I gasped.
"Hell yeah, girlfriend!" He answered. I heard the phone move and Ricky's footsteps thumping the floor through the phone so I guessed he was running. "GUYS, IT'S BETH!" He yelled. Everyone started clapping and whistling and I heard random WE THOUGHT YOU DIED and other funny comments coming from everyone that made me chuckle.
"Ricky, listen, I'm going to drop Connor off at your place because I really don't want him to be alone; his dad died yesterday," I told him.
"Wait, that's why he was crying? Oh, poor Connor! Sure, we would love to have him. Why won't you stay?"
"Well, I've been with him most of the weekend and I have a lot of homework for tomorrow," I answered.
"Oh, too bad!" He said.
"Yeah... But wait, the entire group slept at the O2L house for me?" I asked.
"That's correct! That's how much we were worried about you, Beth. Wait... No, no, no; HEY, JENN AND JACK! NO LIP LOCKING IN THE KITCHEN!" He chuckled. "See you," he said and hung up.
I went back to the kitchen and found Connor doing the dishes.