Chapter 15

"Do you want to go home? Or do we go out for lunch?" He asked.
"Whatever you want," I smirked and wiped my nose.
"I want for you to be happy," he said.
"Well, then that's anywhere Connor free," I answered.
"How about, we both go out, and forget about that asshole. What do you think?" He smiled.
"I would love that," I smiled, looking at him drive. I wasn't sure if I had a crush on Kian, but I was a hundred percent sure I had feelings for him. But Connor, he was different, and even though he hurt me, I loved him more than anything in the world, and I knew that never in my life would I ever love someone, as much as I love him. I knew he loved me too, and that he would never mean to hurt me, but I was really angry with him.
I kept thinking of him during the car ride, but when we got to the restaurant, Kian was being such a gentleman, that I thought about Connor just a little less.
Kian was really flirty, and I blushed at his compliments. He was so sweet and caring and adorable as ever. He joked around and tried to get my mind off Connor, and he did.
"Thank you, Kian. I had an amazing time," I told him at my house porch, when we got back. I held his hand and got closer to him. "I love you," I smiled at him.
"Me too, and so much more. Know that I will always be there for you, and I'll never let you down. If he ever hurts you again, I will crush him, okay?" He said.
"I know," I chuckled. I got on the top of my toes to kiss his cheek, but I slipped and hit my head on his chest. We both laughed at my fail. He put both his hands on my cheeks and kissed my forehead. I looked at our locked hands and hugged him, then went inside with a huge smile on my face.
Yes, Kian made me feel good, but Connor made me feel so much better, and it hurt me so much when I thought that we could never work things out.
I went upstairs and showered my body, then, as usual, got on my phone went on twitter and instagram, then watched some TV. There was this really good movie Tom Hanks was in, but I didn't get it's name, and I couldn't figure out what had happened in the beginning and why he was trapped in the airport, but then I understood.
Two weeks later, still not talking to Connor, I got a little too upset, and I just needed to be alone; I decided I needed to go out for a walk, to get my mind of things and get some fresh air. I put on some denim shorts, a cropped top and a hooded cardigan with some converse, grabbed my phone and earphones and took my bike for a stroll in the neighborhood.
I arrived to the neighborhood park, where they had installed a Starbucks stand, but even though I was obsessed with their drinks, I didn't take anything. I sat down on a bench and listened to The Script's songs, because I just wanted to think.
My phone buzzed between my hands, and it was a message from Connor.
"I need to talk to you... It's important; not like last time. I really need to see you, as soon as possible, because it's way too important to tell you via text... When are you free?" I looked up and exhaled. What now? I wondered. Then my phone started buzzing again, really quickly; Roxy had planned a beach party the next Saturday. All The Group was going to meet on the bay side, where we would take a boat to Roxy's family's beach house, an hour away. She said it would be more fun to go by boat than by car...
"I'm always free... When do you want to meet?" I texted Connor back.
"Friday? I don't want people to start wondering and creating useless drama at school," he typed.
"Sure," I sent him. I kept wondering what he wanted to tell me, but sometimes I would forget when Roxy would get all the girls together to plan the party.
We had a blast planning her beach party, and decorating the beach house and the boat. The guys were in charge of the music, but we helped, because they don't have the best taste in music... We would all meet at Roxy's place after school, and head to the bay side together, which was fun enough.
This helped me clear my mind and just enjoy my time, and I was really happy with my best friends. I would always see Connor there, and he would try and avoid me, which hurt me a little, but the important thing was that I was enjoying my time with the best people.
By Friday, everything was done; Roxy just wanted to put the finishing touches by herself to surprise us a little, but we were all done and ready for the party.
After school, I went home and finished my home work to enjoy my weekend in peace. I heard someone knock on my door, and figured it might be my mom, but it wasn't... I had completely forgotten that Connor was coming over to talk to me.
"Hi," he said coming in, sticking his hands in his pockets. I got off my bed and stood in front of him. He looked really sad, which worried me.
"Connor?" I asked him. He looked down and sniffed; he was shedding tears. "What's wrong? What did you want to tell me?"
"Um... I um - I already told everyone, but I wanted to tell you this alone..." He hesitated.
"What is it?" I wondered.
"I-I have no idea how to say this - it um-" he said hesitantly.
"Tell me," I insisted.
"Can we get out of here? Like go to your back yard, or something?" He asked.
"Sure," I said. We went downstairs to the back yard. "Mom, dad? Why is house so quite?" I called.
"Um, they just left right when I came; they opened the door for me and left," he explained.
"Oh... Yeah, they told me they were going out for lunch," I said slapping my head. We went outside to the back yard and walked for a couple of minutes.
"Um... Maybe you should sit down," he said pointing at the huge swinging net.
"No," I interrupted. "Um... I don't like sitting - while talking to someone," I explained. "What did you want to tell me?"
"This, um - this was so much easier when I told everyone," he smirked. "Bethany," he said holding my hand then leaving them.