Chapter 13

On Saturday, I went shopping with Andrea, Jenn and Rebecca because each of us wanted to get some new clothes for that night. We all had different events, parties or dinners to go to. I got a white dress with a thin, braided brown leather belt with matching brown leather wedges and topped the outfit with a denim jacket a neon purse. I kept my hair a little messy - as usual - and just sprayed some of my favorite perfume and was ready to go.
I was really excited for dinner, because I had a feeling Connor was finally going to ask me out.
I got there at 8:02PM and they were all already there. Ricky, Kian, JC, Sam, Trevor, Connor... And a girl. That girl was hitting on Connor, and he was enjoying it... I felt it. I was still shocked in place when a song came on, and he invited her to dance with him on the dance floor, where people were already grooving. I guess they were having a great time because the girl looked like she was getting turned on... Because her body closer to his by the second, and they were really soon chest to chest. I couldn't take my eyes off of them, but then I glanced at the guys who were waving at him and whispering to him something, but they looked angry with him. He wouldn't pay attention to them... Only to the girl. She was shaking her hips to the rhythm, and so was he. He looked at her like he used to look at me, and I got really jealous, because this was supposed to be my night... Our night!
The song didn't seem to end, and I was getting really frustrated and angry. But when the song finally ended, she leaned in closer - though I didn't think that would be possible - and kissed him...
I couldn't help it, and I started crying and ran away. The guys followed me to my car, and offered to drive me home, but they didn't take me to my place. They went to the O2L house where they took care of me as if I was their sister, and it was so sweet and generous of them. They got me some water and tried to make me feel better with some gentle and encouraging words.
"We brought you here for one reason; we didn't want you to end up explaining to your parents why you were crying," said JC.
"Well, more than one reason; we care about you and we want to help you get through it, because it's not the first time he hurts you, and he's being an asshole," told me Trevor handing me a tissue. They were all sitting around me, Kian and JC hugging me. "My turn," said Trevor pushing JC away to hug me. This made me chuckle and smile.
"There it is," they all laughed. "There's that beautiful smile!"
"Well, don't get used to it... Apparently, as long as Connor's around, that smile of mine isn't..." I explained.
"As long as we're around, we'll make sure that gorgeous smile of yours never leaves your face," smirked JC.
"Thanks, JC... That means a lot," I blushed.
"You know we'll never leave you," said Ricky.
"Yeah, Beth, you're family, and we love you, a lot..." Smiled Sam.
"I love you guys too," I said.
"GROUP HUG!" Yelled Kian and they all leaned in for the hug. After that, we watched a movie, and we all ended up sleeping on top of each other in the living room. I woke up to them making breakfast, the next morning.
"Morning," I said stretching my arms.
"Morning, Bethers," they all said. I made my way to the kitchen and sat on a chair by the table.
"I'm making you some avocado toast," winked Ricky.
"Thanks, Rickers," I smiled. Kian ran over behind me and hugged me.
"How are you feeling?" He asked. I could feel his chin go up and down on my head as he talked.
"Better," I smirked touching his arms, wrapped around my chest.
"Good," he said and released me. "We'll take you home whenever you want us to, okay?"
"But please stay," begged Trevor.
"Anything for Trevy," I chuckled. We had breakfast and the boys kept on trying to cheer me up. We were interrupted by someone knocking on the front door.
"I'll get it," said Ricky, running towards the door. "Connor... What are you doing here?" He asked. All the boys glanced at me, including Ricky. I dropped my fork and looked at the door, and so did the guys. Trevor put his hand on my shoulder, as my heart began to race. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat and forget what had happened the night before, but I couldn't.
"Um... Sure... Come in," invited him Ricky, hesitantly.
He walked in and greeted the guys, then stood in front of me and touched my hand. I looked at it and removed it quickly.
"Guys, can we have a minute?" He asked them. They nodded and left, all of their eyes locked on me. I mouthed "I got this," to them and they finally looked away.
"Beth? Is everything alright?" He asked me as if he had no idea what was going on. I clenched my fist and jaw and looked down at my shaking leg. "Hey, what's wrong?"
"Nothing," I answered. I realized they guys looked at me but ignored them.
"I know you; tell me," he said.
"You," I stated.
"What?"
"You," I said again.
"Whatever, um - you didn't come last night," he told me.
"D'you have fun?" I asked.
"Yeah, it was amazing," he smirked.
"I'm glad you had a good time," I lied.
"Hey, look at me - look at me; what's wrong? Why are you mad?"
"Who was she?"
"She? What do you mean?" He asked.
"You know exactly what I mean!" I said angrily.
"No, I don't," he stated.
"Really? Because I went to The Club last night, and I saw everything," I said. The boys got up from the couch.
"I have no idea what you're talking about! You're making things up!"
"Oh, shut up, Connor! I heard both of you moaning all the way from the dance floor to the entrance of the freaking restaurant," I yelled. The boys ran towards me.
"I had no idea you were there, I swear!" He said.
"Bad choice of words, Connor; that's not an explanation," I told him. I started crying, at that moment. "I love you, more than anything in the world, and I went there last night to have a good time with you! But when I arrived you were all over each other and I just left," I said.
"I'm sorry, Bethany. I swear I love you too! She means nothing to me, I promise you. She's the one who kissed me, and I was just trying to have a good time so I danced with her, but I had no idea she was going to kiss me, I swear. I pushed her off of me right when she did that, and went back to the table to meet the boys but they weren't there, so I went home. I was nearly about to slap her when she kissed me, I swear," he explained. "Please forgive me, please," he begged. I didn't want to, but I did; that's how much I loved him. "I want to make it up to you. Let's go out for lunch tomorrow," he invited.
"Go away, Co-" started JC. I put my hand on his abs, holding him back as he attached Connor.
"JC," I said hesitant, closing my eyes and exhaling. "Okay," I nodded to Connor.
"Now you can leave," said Kian angrily as Ricky, Sam, Trevor and he ran towards the door and opened it for him. He walked out of the house confused.
"Bethany, are you crazy? Have you completely lost it?" They all asked, attacking me.
"Bethany, you can't see Connor anymore, and you can absolutely not forgive him like that! What -is this like the third - what - fifth time he hurt you this year?" Told me Kian.
"Yeah, Beth, he's going to think that your his doll, and that he can play with you and break you, then fix you whenever he wants to, and he can't," said Sam.
"I just - nobody has ever loved anyone, as much as I love him... And it hurts me, but that's what it is, and I have to live with it, because I can't change it," I told them. "Thank you guys, for everything. I love you so much, but I have to go home now... I'll catch up with you later, okay?" I said packing my stuff. I hugged them all before I left home with Kian.
The entire five minutes of the car ride were dead silent, and it was really awkward. When we got to my place, Kian looked at me.
"Beth?" He called.
"Yeah?" I answered looking at him.
"Don't ever let him hurt you like that... Ever. And if he does, know that we'll teach him a lesson, that he will never forget, even if he tried to," he assured.
"I know," I nodded. "I love you, Kian," I said leaning in to kiss his cheek.
"I love you too, Bethany," he blushed.