Chapter 7

I woke up, hours later, in a hospital room. There were tubes in my nostrils and an IV needle in my arm. I was wearing a white over sized dress and I was just laying in the big white bed. The first people I saw were my parents; they were talking on the small balcony, outside the room, then my mom glanced at me and realized I was awake.
"Baby," she whispered coming in. "Hi," she told me smiling. I smiled back. She sat down on the chair next to my bed and held my hand. There were scratch marks on my arms and face and legs, that were a little itchy, but my mom told me it was bad if I played with them. My dad joined us and hugged my mom from behind her and asked how I was feeling.
"Better," I nodded.
"All your friends are here, you know? They slept here - in the waiting room - all night," told me my dad.
"My friends? They slept here?" I asked. They both nodded. "I have to go see them," I said trying to get up.
"No, no, no! Honey, not now," said both my parents pushing me back down softly.
"I need to see them, mom, please," I begged.
"No, Bethany, this isn't a joke! You're sick, and you just woke up from a coma," she told me.
"A coma?" I asked confused. They both nodded. "I-I was in a coma?"
"Yeah," answered my dad.
"I've been out for that long?"
"Well, yeah; twenty five hours. Plus the time you were... Um..." He hesitated.
"I want to ask you something, Beth. But not right now," told me my mom.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Not now, honey."
"Mom? Dad? Who came here... Precisely?" I wondered.
"If you're asking if Connor showed up-"
"Di- did he?" I cut him off.
"He was the first one here, honey," smiled my mom.
"What? Really - are you serious?"
"It looked like he'd been crying," she chuckled.
"How long was I gone?" I asked them. I had a lot of questions; I was curious since I've been passed out most of the time.
"It's um - heh - it's tuesday, today... You've been lost for um... Three days," said my mom. "Why did you - um... Why did you run away?"
"Can we please not talk about this? At least not... Right now?" I said.
"Sure," she nodded.
"Can I, um... Can I have my phone?" I asked.
"Oh, yeah," smiled my mom and took my phone out of her purse. "I charged it for you, by the way... You should probably tell your friends you're awake now."
"Yeah, sure; I'm on it... They can't come in? Can they? To like, visit me?" I wondered. I wanted to see them, and know what I had, and who were the people that loved and cared about me. They both shook their heads negatively.
"Family members only," explained my dad.
"But they're my family," I interrupted. My parents chuckled, though I was really serious.
"Of course they are, honey, but I don't think they'll let fifteen family members-"
"Eighteen, mom," I half smiled. She giggled 'Whatever' and kissed my hand.
I texted them on the group chat and my notifications suddenly blew up with messages. They were all 'THANK GOD YOURE UP', 'WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH' and 'WHY WOULD YOU EVER RUN AWAY DONT EVER DO THAT AGAIN WE LOVE YOU!' messages. I chuckled at their heartwarming reactions. Then they got disappointed when they figured out they couldn't check on me.
"Those stupid guards! I swear to God if I could punch them in the nuts and run in to see you, Beth, I would," sent Andrea. And everyone else in the group replied "OMG SAME!"
"Guys, why are we texting? We're all in the same room, duh," texted Jack.
"Jack... Babe... Beth... Remember?" Sent Jenn.
"Oh! Okay, now I get it," replied Jack. They always make me laugh when they talk like that... Or in this case, text like that...
"Beth, do you anything to drink? Your dad and I are going downstairs for coffee," said my mom after a couple of minutes.
"Yeah, some water please. And a sandwich; I'm starving. But take your time; finish your coffee downstairs and please, tell my friends that um - I um... I'm sorry," I told them.
"For what?" Asked my dad.
"Just tell them I want them to know that, okay?"
"Sure," smiled my mom and opened the door for my dad. They waved and kissed me while they got out the door, and I did the same. When they shut the door, I took off cover from my legs, and bruises and scratch marks had possessed it. The view wasn't as pleasant, so I directly put it back... I also felt a cool breeze coming from nowhere.
I went on twitter and stalked people, and tweeted my viewers. They all started asking why I ran away, and they had all tweeted me pictures of them holding the LOST poster and crying, which made me feel so bad. But they were all so happy when I finally tweeted them.
I heard someone knock on the door, and then they opened it... It was Connor.