Episode 7: Good Liar

The sun seeped in through the curtains of Jason's apartment onto Valentina's exposed skin like honey pouring over a pancake. At the heat reaching her body, the woman rolled over in the bed. Her eyes peeped open at the sensation of a lengthy finger running itself against her, it halting at the dip on her lower back.

"You're awake." Jason said more than asked.

She propped a hand beneath her chin while looking at him sideways.

He brushed her hair out of her face and stole a kiss during her vulnerable moment.

The corner of her lips tugged upwards. "You have morning breath."

Rolling his eyes at her taunting, Jason playfully pinched at her skin.

She yelped. "Ouch!"

"That's for making me wait so long for you." He explained. "You sure know how to break a man's heart."

Holding a grudge, she leant forward and bit into the skin near his collarbone. He let out a groan but didn't shove her away.

She let out an unsatisfied huff at his high tolerance for pain.

"You're a psycho, I swear."

He only smiled before bringing her closer towards him.

"Remember how I asked you to wait until things become serious between us before you met my family?"

Valentina recalled that issue too vividly.

That suggestion had stung her during their first few months of dating when she had asked when he was going to take her to meet his family.

The matter was even brought up recently and he said his parents were vacationing in the Caribbean.

At such a terrible reminder, her entire form was on alert at where he was going with this.

If he had brought it up only to feed her another excuse in order to delay it she swore the ring on her finger would end up in his face.

It wasn't like he was in her situation where her family resided at a far distance and it was going to take a while to get there. She and Jason were always so busy anyway that they would have to take special time out for that event to take place. Neither of their careers accommodated that. There was also the promise made to herself that she wouldn't return home without settling things with Golden Entertainment.

But Jason's family was only a car ride away from here in the Upper East Side of Manhattan.

Heck, maybe they could even walk there!

"Well, my parents came back from vacation a couple days ago," he informed, licking his lips. "Just in time for my grandfather's birthday."

"Um...okay." She said, confused as to why he was telling her all of this.

He chuckled at her failing to catch on.

"I didn't mean..." There was a halt to his words and he scanned the woman's face, a heartbreaking smile blooming on his face.

"What I meant was would you like to do me the honor of being my date?"

Her eyes widened.

"You want me to meet your family?" She asked, shocked and slack-jawed.

"I mean, it's long overdue," he laughed and trailed his hand over her bare arm. "You are my fiancée."

The happiness felt in that moment couldn't be hidden as she threw herself at him. Sitting astride him, her eyes took in his features which were just so pleasant to the eyes. Despite his shaggy hair and lazy gaze, he looked incredibly handsome.