Episode 14: Cold Shoulder

As the sunrise crept in through the blinds of her bedroom, Valentina felt her pulse quicken at the realization that it was morning.

Normally such a phenomenon wouldn't bring this level of anxiety but not every day she woke up beside a fit man like Chase Williams.

Laying with his head on her chest and an arm wrapped possessively around her waist, the devastatingly gorgeous blond stirred in his sleep.

Panic immediately shot through her at the thought of him waking up and seeing her bare.

As if he didn't already have a front row seat to that show last night, her subconscious snarked at such a thought.

Valentina rolled her eyes at the annoying yet truthful comment.

Instead of shoving his head away like every cell in her body was begging to do, she behaved like a rational human and gently removed his arm from there.

It was a feat easier said than done though.

God, why is his arm holding onto me for dear life?

With a soft groan, she finally was successful in getting out of his vice-like grip. She released a sigh of relief, seeing as he didn't wake up afterwards. He only rolled over onto his side and went back to sleep, as if he wanted nothing more than to escape the rays of the sun. As she clumsily searched for her clothing items scattered all over the room, the woman prayed he would never open his eyes.

How scary that sounded now that she thought about it.

Shaking her head, Valentina hopped into the dress from last night.

There was no reason to buy time into looking for fresh clothes or making breakfast because that would be denying the inevitable.

As she looked over at the man's sleeping form, a wave of feelings washed over her.

It made her feel nauseous and the desperation for him to get out of her space was doubled.

If there was the opportunity for the woman to do the walk of shame without confronting him, she surely would have done it but this was her place.

There was no way she could avoid facing what they did last night.

Running a hand through her hair, she felt immensely conflicted with herself.

As a woman of priorities she should have felt even the smallest shame about what happened between the two of them.

After all, he was the best friend of her closest friend.

There should at least be some self-ridicule but nothing like that came to her.

Yes, she was kind of embarrassed to give into him so easily after turning him down all night.

It meant she was all bark and no bite but that was all the woman felt.

There was no shame or guilt about submitting to the desire of blowing off some steam and having fun for the first time in a long while.

Indeed, it was fun, she acknowledged easily.

But all good things must come to an end.

With that resolution, her feet found themselves going towards the bed but at that time Chase was rolling once again, but this time with his piercing green eyes open.

"Y-You're awake?" She stuttered.

His gaze roamed the entirety of her form, then he tore it away and sat up.