Episode 35: Charity

Episode 35: Charity

Valentina was convinced Chase's cuddles were the potential antidote to world peace.

In the darkness, their bodies were pressed together, her head resting on his thick arm and it felt like a touch of heaven. His body was warm and cozy. It had her wishing they could stay like this forever and not just for the night. In his embrace, the woman felt safe and sound.

The silence that wrapped around them wasn't the least bit awkward but peaceful.

AlI her problems from before vanished into thin air while she was in this private space with him.

A soft sigh tickled his bare chest as she pressed her face into it.

His finger reached out to brush her hair behind her ear to gain a better view of her face.

Upon doing so, the man let out a sound of approval. "You really are a daydream, huh?"

She chuckled, trying to hide how abashed she was by him saying such a thing.

"It's funny you said that. I was thinking the same thing about you."

He simply smiled.

"Should I be honored?"

"Mmm...very."

"Then I must do as you say, Miss Flores. I'm very much honored."

She chuckled.

The vibrations traveled all the way to his heart and strummed the strings there, creating his new favorite melody.

The guy almost slapped himself at how cheesy that sounded.

He shivered at the thought of saying something along those lines out loud.

Chase tried not to get into how much a simp he was becoming.

"I can't say I'm surprised though. I am kind of a great catch. You may not know it but you really hit the jackpot, sweetheart."

"Don't get on my nerves," she warned, wrapping her arms around his torso and hugging him closer.

"I really like you right now...so so much. Therefore, don't push me into kicking you off this bed because of your annoying mouth." Valentina followed up as his arms encircled her waist but then he pinched at the skin there.

"Ouch!"

"You weren't complaining about my mouth a couple minutes ago. How quick you are to have a change of heart. Should I be concerned?"

"Maybe," she murmured with a tease.

He smiled happily at her playfulness.

"Oh really?"

His eyes shone with mischief.

Her gaze took in the depths of them, stunned as she always was when they were properly inspected beyond a second's regard.

"Really."

In that second, Chase could see that sharing her body heat was as easy as giving him her heart.

He felt the same.

Three months ago, he would have never let anyone get this close to him.

Emotionally that is.

But she was different.

Valentina had an irresistible charm to her.

Perhaps it was the confidence with which she carried herself, but whatever it was, it caused her to be the only flower in a field of grass in his eyes.