Episode 12: Ho, Ho, Ho

The tension within this car is stifling.

That was the only thing Valentina could think as she rode beside Chase in the passenger seat of his Mercedes Benz. It wasn't the first time she had been in an expensive car with a man but it was the first time with one who smelled as good as he did.

The masculine scent of his cologne went straight to her head like her own personal drug.

It was addicting.

A kind which got every bone in her body twitching in anticipation as the silence in the car made her skittishness worsen.

My Achilles heel, she thought.

"Stop shaking your leg."

She jumped at the sound of his deep voice.

He hadn't said a word out of his mouth since they had left Emily and his friend's place.

To hear his voice again came to her in the form of a privilege she had the blessing of experiencing.

It was ridiculous to think like that given the fact that she was supposed to be pretending to be repulsed by him.

But how could she easily do that with his devilish looks and magnetic aura?

He turned to her within the next second and she felt herself stop breathing.

"It's distracting me."

His green eyes lingered onto her face with an unperturbed look.

However, his facade was broken as he took the liberty of dropping his gaze to her lips.

She saw him visibly gulp.

In a flash of panic, he averted his eyes back onto the road in front of him and on cue the light turned green.

Would it be insane to say that she still saw those pair of eyes within it?

The pressure of them had her squeezing her thighs together.

The woman was praying that they would reach her apartment building before she did something worth regretting.

"You don't have to be looking so tense. I'm not going to eat you." He warned with a slight scowl on his face.

You see, that's the problem because I really wish you would.

Valentina could almost slap herself silly at her dirty thoughts.

Was she so desperate that she couldn't even last fifteen minutes in a car ride with him?

She frowned at her lack of self control.

"I never said you would."

His perfectly arched eyebrows raised. "Oh really? Then why are you sitting like a ticking time bomb who's gonna explode if I merely brush my shoulders past you."

"You're exaggerating." The woman scoffed.

"Am I?"

She swallowed, feeling her throat dry at his confrontational words.

"Yes, you are. Now please keep your promise and just drop me home."

"I will," he replied gruffly.

"And for your information I don't make promises. They are only a comfort to a fool."

"Are you indirectly calling me a fool?"

For the first time tonight he let out a chuckle.

"No, I'm not, love. I'm just saying that I don't easily put out words that I can't possibly stick to. That's not my style."