Episode 30: It's You

Valentina messed up.

Big time.

She knew that much with how a particular blond avoided her for the rest of the morning.

He came and went around the apartment like a ghost.

If it hadn't been for his distinctive build, her eyes would have missed him during the three times he had left his bedroom.

It wasn't like she was counting or anything.

The woman groaned.

Her stomach felt upset.

Not simply because she had a hearty breakfast but because of the outcome of what was supposed to be a makeup meal.

One of such great irony that her mouth twisted at the thought.

Who knew it would ensue more distance between the two of them?

Definitely not the victim of her insensitivity.

If he had, she doubted the man would have woken up early and put so much effort into that meal.

Nonetheless, he had and it had blown up in both of their faces.

Valentina bit down onto her nails as she glanced down the hall at his door.

Her conscience was telling her to be the bigger person. To own up to her mistakes and apologize.

But the fear she felt of confronting him was real.

Normally, the woman wouldn't be this intimidated by someone. Though it should be highlighted that this man always put her into many unfamiliar states she had never been in before. At this point, should it even occur as much of a shock to her?

Making a decision, Valentina grappled at a little courage and knocked on his door.

There was no answer.

She frowned before doing so again.

When the same silence followed, her hand grasped the knob and turned it.

Surprisingly, he had left it open and she was able to enter.

Her face contorted with a look of disappointment at him sitting there on the bed, occupied by his laptop.

Though she was sure it hadn't been to the point where he hadn't heard her knocking.

His heavy eyes lifted and landed on her. There was a hint of annoyance within them that itched at her. She shook her head and reminded herself that she was here to apologize.

"I knocked...didn't you hear?"

"What do you want?"

Her eyes closed momentarily at his rude tone.

They re-opened and were now accompanied by a patient smile.

"I wanted to talk about what happened earlier at breakfast. I didn't mean for it to come out the way it did-"

A phone started ringing somewhere in the room.

He held up a finger and gestured for her to wait.

Her jaw dropped as he put aside the laptop, hopped out of bed and went to the bathroom and took the call.

"Fuck this," Valentina muttered before flopping down into a chair near his bed.

This man wasn't making the effort to hear anything she was saying.