Episode 16: Sign Away

Don't hesitate to tag your friends here if you've been enjoying this story. <3

Episode 16: Sign Away

The cherry on top of Valentina's stressful morning came in the form of an impromptu meeting with the owner of Golden Entertainment.

Sitting before her was the most intimidating man she had ever met in her life.

Unlike the name of his company, Maxwell Malik was a man with many shadows following him. They seemed to find solace in the shade of his black clothing which he wore twenty four seven.

Hands clasped, the Arab man leant forward to address her and she felt herself sitting up straighter; instinctively more responsive to every movement he made.

His eyes caught sight of it and the pair of lips below his mustache twitched in amusement.

"How have you been these days, Valentina?" He asked in a rather coarse voice.

She found no friendless or genuine concern in his tone.

Rather there was a sense of pressure to answer according to his expectations.

The woman swallowed harshly as he titled his head awaiting her response.

Don't show that you're affected by him, she preached to herself while taking a deep breath.

Her gaze settled into a confident stare.

"I've been holding up well, Mr. Malik. Thanks for asking."

He hummed.

"I've noticed how much progress you've been making in the filming industry recently. Not to mention you're a favourite of many in house photographers. Should I feel a sense of gratitude towards you or will there be a burden on me due to your sudden rise to fame?"

Valentina swallowed.

She knew exactly what he meant.

It wasn't a secret that the only reason she was still here in his business was because there was literally no way out.

Her feet was caught in a minefield and there was no other choice than to stop and endure the torture until someone came to her rescue.

It didn't make her safe escape easy when she was the only knight in shining armor to make that happen.

With that being a known fact, there were eyes on her everywhere, like spy cams, watching to see when she would be lucky enough to break free.

Now that she was actually making big revenues for the company, it didn't take her by surprise that Mr. Malik was being so forthright about her plans to part soon.

It made her angry to be honest.

How could they blame her after all she had endured?

For starters, he was the one who tricked her with small but impactful words she had overlooked on a page which bound her to them.

As the head of the organization, he was the main perpetrator for occurrences like this which put the people under his company at a disadvantage.

A devil in disguise, she accused crudely.

He was just as bad as the employees who extorted the females and males of this filthy establishment.

If anything he was the bad seed which had borne them.

"I don't think there's a reason for you to feel burdened if you didn't do anything which warranted it, Mr. Malik."

His eyes narrowed onto her, no hint of guilt present but instead there was humor.