Episode 18: Back Against The Wall

Is this some kind of joke?

Valentina's eyes surveyed the area in search of a prank camera or something.

But everyone was staring at her with nothing out of the ordinary in their gazes other than leftover worry for the fall she had endured earlier.

Her gaze found the man before her and the hair on the back of her neck stood up.

What were the odds?

Chase Williams of Willsway Co.

She would have been more in denial about the revelation but everything added up.

The backstory of the designer, how he had such a presence among everyone here, the eyes of everyone being cautious upon his sudden arrival.

Oh my god.

The man she had sworn to avoid was now the owner of the brand she was promoting.

Her suspicions grew the more she looked at his gorgeous face.

Had it really been such a coincidence that tied them together once more?

Or was it something which had been pre-planned?

Not even bothering to be wary of the eyes around, she grabbed him by the arm and pulled him out the room.

She heard an eruption of chatter and shuffling of feet follow behind them.

With an insanely strong force, she slammed him against the wall of a deserted hallway. Her eyes narrowed at the way he didn't seem the least bit surprised by her burst of anger.

"If you wanted to be rough with me all you had to do was ask, darling."

Valentina took a threatening step towards him.

He looked at her as if she was more of a cute kitten than the fierce lion the woman wanted to be.

"Did you plan this?"

He batted his eyelashes innocently. "Whatever are you referring to?"

She felt the urge to claw his eyes out.

"This brand deal," the hiss which left her was deadly and it caught his undivided attention.

"Did you plan all of this to get back at me or something?"

This was the catch she had been dreading, wasn't it?

Dammit, she knew nothing ever came easy to her!

"Why would I want to get back at you? Have you done something worthy of me being that petty?"

Her mouth dropped open.

"No, I haven't-"

"For your information, Miss Flores, I wasn't informed of our cooperation until today. I have a wide variety of people who deal with the marketing matters of my company. Don't tell me you flatter yourself into thinking that I handpick each and every ambassador of my brand?"

She kept quiet.

He chuckled and it peeled away her pride. "You do."

"I have no time for this," she threw up her hands and went to turn away but the man had caught a hold of her arm.

Whirling her around in a quick maneuver, Valentina was now the one with her back against the wall.

She looked around frantically.