Episode 33: Chance

Episode 33: Chance

"I haven't seen you in what feels like forever."

"Mmm..." Emily drawled with a longing sigh. "I know."

"How have you been these days?" Valentina asked while pulling out of her warm embrace.

"Busy," Emily sighed with a dazed expression. "Crazily busy."

"I can just imagine. Even I, a supporting character, have been getting a ridiculous amount of opportunities after our series airs. I don't even want to think about the outcome for our main lead here."

"Oh, shut up. You always talk like this. I may be the lead in our series but you'll forever be the main character of your own life. What can compare to that?"

"You're right," she nodded, leaning forward to take a sip of the fruit juice in front of her.

Entranced by the animated reaction Valentine gave, Emily followed and took a taste.

Her eyes widened in surprise at the flavours.

"Mmm...this tastes amazing!"

Valentina nodded in agreement.

"I know. I made it."

The girl glared at her cocky response.

"You shouldn't even be allowed to drink it after judging me for bringing a jug of juice to your place."

Emily gasped.

"How can you blame me? I called you over to hang out and you bring goodies? I'm the one who's supposed to treat you! You're the guest here."

"Yeah, yeah. Just zip it and drink the goddamn juice."

There was a responding giggle before her friend analyzed the bottle it came in. "Did you make this as well?"

"Yup."

"Down to the design?" Emily asked, shocked at how good it was.

It was something one would expect from a professional.

Not someone who was doing it as a hobby.

"It was inspired by spring feels. What do you think? Doesn't it make you feel like you're drinking freedom and everything good in between?"

At her enthusiasm, Emily smiled, eyes crinkling as she admired the flowers on the surface of it.

"I think it's very pretty. I want to use it every day. Is it recyclable?"

"Is that even a question? Save the turtles and all that shit." She said with a flip of her hair.

Her friend pointed at her with an exaggerated pride. "That's the spirit."

Valentina laughed.

"No, but seriously. You should think of opening a business. It would do really well."

"I'll think about it."

Emily hummed, knowing that she wasn't taking her advice seriously.

"Onto more important things, how has it been working with Chase? Nicholas tells me you're all he talks about these days. To the point that it's seriously concerning."

Valentina gave an awkward laugh.

She was quick to catch onto it.

"What was that a forced reaction, Miss Flores?"

"What? What kind of reaction?" The latina said, voice raising a pitch out of nervousness.

"That."