Episode 38: Tease

Episode 38: Tease

"I just wanna hold him in a headlock for hours on end then kick him in the balls."

"Ouch," Chase winced. He felt secondhand infliction of pain from what she was saying. It would be cruel to wish something like that even onto his worst enemy.

His fingers, smooth and gentlemanly, traced a line across her cheek and she looked at him with her dark eyes.

"You must really dislike the guy to be saying something so awful."

She nodded then leant forward to grab the can of beer before her and brought it to her lips. "I fucking despise him. It's been a month since we've been working together and I seriously wanna seek help because of all this pent-up frustration."

Sensing her hostility, his fingers froze and his expressive green eyes flickered up to hers.

"Causing him potential infertility is still a bit off the charts, sweetheart." He said and kissed her cheeks after taking a seat beside her on the couch.

The fire in her chest only quelled for a second because of it then it went ablaze again.

"Do you remember how he embarrassed me on the first day of shooting?"

"You've told me this story a hundred times."

"Well, I'm gonna tell you again."

Chase groaned.

"The guy painted me out to be a selfish drama queen! When all I wanted was a retake of a shitty scene! Apparently that was asking for too much in Kylo Kingdom."

Her boyfriend choked on his drink. "Kylo Kingdom?"

"Yes, that's what he calls every set he works on. He wants everyone to know who's in charge. It's like he's marking his territory like the bitch he is."

"Valentina," he gasped, surprised by the brunt of her tone.

"What?" She blinked, taking a taste of the takeout they had ordered due to both of them being too tired from work. "It's the truth."

He let out a flimsy breath, still astounded by her then he settled on a shake of his head.

"I swear I don't want to be on your bad side."

She drew for a napkin.

"You already have been, remember?"

"Don't talk with food in your mouth." He scolded her.

Her eye roll caught his attention.

"Okay, Ma. I won't." Her words were contradictory as she finished chewing only after her little jab at him.

"I was only on your bad side because you wanted to fuck me and you couldn't handle the sexual tension."

Her mouth dropped open.

He closed it.

"You'll catch flies."

She slapped his arm away.

"I can't believe you just said that!"

"Oh come on, you know it's the truth. The two of us were practically on the verge of combustion every time we met. I knew I was. I could hardly stop myself from pouncing on you because of how unfairly good you always looked."

"So what? Are you saying I don't look good now?"

His eyes roamed her body up and down. She was only wearing one of his t-shirts and baggy pants. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and set into place with a visible black pin.