why does everybody assume i like him?

Annabeth

Hanging out with percy wasn't so bad. He was actually pretty sweet and kind. We shared almost all of our classes and frequently chatted with each other.

He even surprised me by asking me to sit with him at lunch! Usually me and piper sat at the table nearest to the dumpster and farthest from the popular table. We usually sat with a bunch of people who would rather read than eat lunch

Basically my kind of people.

When percy asked me I politely said that I had to consult with piper before making any huge decision. And he just chuckled and said "it's just lunch!" I rolled my eyes and he just shrugged.

I laughed and made my way towards piper and I said to her "hey! Percy invited us to sit at his table." Piper jumped up and down and said "you and percy have gone from enemies to best friends! It almost feels like I'm watching a love story unfold"

I rolled my eyes and said "were just friends and do you wanna sit at their table or not"

Piper said "for now you might be friends but you do not know what will happen in the future. Just think about it You might become mrs. Jackson or you might be the weird cat lady" and wigged her eyebrows.

I blushed and said "shut up. Besides you know that I would never become a weird cat person" she shrugged and said "I don't know that since you never tell me what you want to become in the future!"

Yeah......percy burned that bridge for me. Literally!

I changed the topic and said "are you gonna answer me or not?" She said "are you stupid? Of course we are gonna sit at their table!" I smirked and said "oh yeah I forgot Jason was gonna be there"

She covered her face and said "shut up" I laughed at my friend and made my way towards percy's table. While we weewere moving in the direction of percy all the eyes in the cafeteria were on us.

When we sat down. Malcolm a member of our former table said "there goes another one". Everyone in percy's table were staring at us.

Percy nudged me and I said "hi! I'm annabeth and I um.....usually don't attack people" piper said "unless she is angry " she looked at percy and said "you sir are the only known survivor"

He chuckled and said "thanks to you" she smiled and said "I'm piper"

Then everyone started introducing each other. It was fun. Piper was staring at Jason the who time.

I swear that girl has a bigger crush on Jason that I do on seaweed br........ I mean no one. Bah! I just exposed myself didn't I?

My mind said "great going annabeth"

I then got a text from my stepmom, it read

Helen

Hey! Sorry I won't be able to pick you up for school today. So, you could come back with percy or piper or you could walk all the way.

I'm really sorry to bail on you like this it's just that I have an important proposal to finish.

Oh great, what am I going to do now? I obviously cannot go with percy, I barely knew the guy and piper has a class after school today. So, I'm guessing I'm gonna walk all the way home.

Sorry legs!

At that moment percy saw that I was sad and read my text. So nosy!

I said "keep on reading my private text and you might end up with no nose like Voldemort"

He laughed and said "consider me warned and by the way I can drop you"

I said "no no it's fine, I can walk besides I don't wanna be a burden on you" he said "sheesh woman! I'm just trying to be nice" I said "I'll come with you only if I get to play the music because your music sucks"

He said "deal"

******

School just got over. When I went out and saw that percy was chatting with his friends. I didn't wanna interrupt him so I went where his car stood and started to text piper.

Right after i finished my first text I was interrupted by none other than the she devil herself.

Drew said "omg! What are you doing standing next to my boyfriend's car?" I just looked at her like she was an alien or something and said "first of all I can do whatever I want, second of he never mentioned that he has a girlfriend I guess you must not be that important, besides you've barely known him for a day"

She stomped her feet and said "shut up and answer my question "

I said "you know I can't do both at the same time right? And why do you of all people care about my personal life? Can it be that you are intimidated by me?"

She just said "I am not!"

I said "are you afraid that I will steal your man?"

She said "you are on think ice chase" and left. I swear that girl is such a drama queen, ever more that piper for that Matter.

Percy covered my eyes and said "miss me? "

I said "would you still give me a ride if I say no?"

He said "ha ha very funny but don't try to hide your feelings babe, you know you love me"

I said "gross! You suck at flirting and who said I love you or even like you?" He said "nobody has to tell me anything. Your eyes tell me everything I need to know"

I said "I'm glad I'm not your girlfriend otherwise I would be forced to listen to your shit everyday but I am not so I can proudly say 'shut up' " and i got into the car.

***********

The car ride was pretty uneventful. The whole ride was basically me criticizing his music and him cracking jokes. He is pretty funny when he wants to be.

When we came to my house he said "hey do you want to hangout with me it'll just be us and a few of my closest friends?"