whats up with luke?

Annabeth

When drew tried to follow he prevented her from coming by promising her that they would hang out tomorrow.

Just as we drove a few blocks he started laughing. Between giggles he said "did you see her face?" And in a few moments we were both laughing. When we came to my house I said "should we have waited for Jason and piper?"

He said "nah, they'll be alright" I said "we should do this more often" he said "you mean fight, console each other by talking about our experiences with bullys, go to the park with our friends, ditch them, run into drew, burn drew and leave?"

I rolled my eyes and said "idiot! Well anyway do you wanna hang tomorrow" he said "I can't because somebody here got me in a situation where I have to hang out with drew tomorrow"

I said "wait, are you really gonna follow through on that promise?" He showed me his phone and said "never! Im actually busy tomorrow But she has been texting me nonstop and I feel bad for her"

The phone screen read

Princess drew ❤👑👸

We r up for tom right?
I'm free
R u friends with annabeth?
Anyway my dad has bought me this new game from England that I have been dying to play!!😃😃
Both of us will be alone.

I said "really, caus I don't feel a thing except oh i don't know desperation!" Then I noticed the name and said "why does your screen name read princess drew?"

He smirked and said "jealous are you?"

I sarcastically replied, "yeah right im jealous of her horrible flirting skills. Like seriously girl up your game"

He snorted, "you act as though you are better at it. I hate to burst your bubble but its not great, sweetie"

"Oh honey, i haven't even started flirting and you already think i am just think what would happen if i actually showed interest in you and flirted with you" i retorted

He muttered under his breath "basically attacked me on my first day and then says she isnt interested."

I rolled my eyes and said "anyway back to the topic at hand"

He said "ooo very interested in knowing if she is girlfriend or not arent we? Not interested my ass. Dont worry my dearest she aint my girlfriend, she is just full of herself. she wanted to exchange numbers and when I gave my phone to her this was the name that she put in"

I said, "thats a shame you guys would have been perfect for each other, like calls to like you know"

"If that theory is true then your only true love is a dick" he added.

I smirked, "you really didn't think that last retort through did you"

I am sad to say it took him a few minutes to get his error

*******

The next day was pretty ordinary. Though I'm glad that percy was busy today because luke had asked whether I would be able to hang out with him today. Because he said no. I'm free from Luke-percy drama.

Thank the gods!

Just before I left to meet up with luke I checked my messages and realized that I still hadn't responded to thalia's message from monday.

For the past few days I've been trying to get back to her but every time I try to write a message my thoughts turn bitter. She knew that I hated percy and she knew exactly what he had done (ok technically he didn't do anything but still) and yet she tried to make me meet percy eventhough she knew I hated him.

My inner voice supplied "maybe she forgot about your feud  with percy and thought it would be fun for you to have another friend"

I'm sure she never forgot about it because we fought about it a lot during our camp days. She felt that what I did to percy was wrong and that I should have confronted him instead. At that time I felt that she was absolutely wrong and that he got what he deserved.

But boy was she right!

I then got a message from luke saying that he was down and asked me to come down soon.

********
Luke was waiting for me in the living room. He was wearing some black ripped Jeans and a grey shirt and on to of that he was wearing an aviator jacket.

When I came down I said "hey" and he said "hey, wow! You look great. Did you dress up just for me?" I then properly looked at what I was wearing. I was wearing my favorite pair of skinny jeans and a black tank top that read 'the queen has arrived' in iridescent silver glitter and I had paired it up with a Jean jacket.

I rolled my eyes at him and said "you wish and where are we going by the way?" He mysteriously said "its a surprise and led me to his car.

Right as I got out of the house I ran into percy who was just coming back from the swim tryouts. When he saw both luke and I together he cordially said hi and left.

Right as we got into the car luke said "what a loser" I gave him a glare and said "excuse me?" And he replied "oh right! Your friends with that idiot, I'm really sorry for you"

I said "percy is not that bad you know" he laughed and when I didn't laugh with him he said "oh wait you weren't joking. We are talking about the same percy Jackson right? The guy who bullied you at camp?"

I turned towards him and said "yes we are talking about the same person and as a matter of fact I know that percy did not bully me. Somebody else had bullied me and had put the blame on percy to cover up his/her tracks"

He put his hands on my cheek and said "you poor, sweet, naive little thing. Did he tell you that?" I nodded and he continued "did it ever occur to you that he might be lying?"

His whole behavior changed when I told him about this. It was like he just couldn't believe that I would be this forgiving or something. I thought that this was super weird but I didn't say anything. I thought that he might have changed just like I had.

It has been nearly 3 years since I last saw him so an attitude change might be possible.

I was gonna counter him but he put his finger on my lip and said "look he was just brain washing you to believe that and he probably wants to get back at you or he wants to steal something else from you"

I would have countered that I could sense that percy was telling the truth and that he didn't even recognize me the first time when he saw me at goode but I knew that he had stopped listening to me and even if I say anything he would find that to be a lie.

I knew that I have to convince percy and luke to be friends otherwise my life will become chaotic but if I bring that up right now it'll probably make him and angry and the rest of the journey would be sour.

the ride ended in front of a stylish Greek style building with a modern trim. He then opened the door for me and held out his hand and said "are you ready?"