Olivia

I bristle as I walk into Miss. Paclibar's first period French class.
Shit.
    "OLIVIA!" Jacinda squeals, waving from her designated far right corner of the classroom, her and her friends place in all classes since the seventh grade.
O-M-G my mouth unconsciously forms the letters, eyes widening, I can't help but smile. Valentine and I haven't had a single class together since freshman year.
This was going to be interesting.
WTF TOM!?
What!!!?? He answers immediately.
My blood boiling I click rapidly on the keyboard of my iPhone so fast they very nearly were a blur to me.
Valentines in the Pacs class with me. WTF TOM!? WTF, WTF, WTFFFF!?
OMG NO WAY! Tori. Responding to our group chat. TOM WTF!?
    EXACTLY! I reply.
TOM!
    WTF!
    WTF!
    Sorry!!! Just give me a second. I know she wasn't on the class roster when I signed you up Liv, I swear.
I wave uncomfortably at Jacinda from my desk near the door. All the while think, don't come over, don't come over.
Of course, she walks over smiling in that way that everyone in school, and heck probably even her own parents, hate.
Half sneer half grin, it was completely Jacinda Arabella Valentine. And once she looked at you like that you knew there was going to be trouble.
     "Liv!" She said, giving me a fake hug and shooting her goon friends a look before sitting in the desk across from me. "You know, it's odd. I texted you like five times this summer and didn't get one response."
My cheeks flame in embarrassment as other kids in our class look our way.
"I didn't know she was friends with her." I heard one girl say to another.
"We're not, now shut up!" Jacinda barks at the girl as her friends giggle harshly in the corner.
I look at the mousy brown haired girl and her friend in an apologetic way as my phone buzzes in my hand.
"Oh so your cell isn't out of commission." She says in a threatening manner. Out of all the kids in the room, she's the only one who knows my secret. I'm sure she hasn't told her friends otherwise a direct deposit payment would be going into their accounts every month too.
    Her rainbow hair blows slightly as the Maxwell fan that sits in the corner pivots in our direction. I get a whiff of her Katy Perry perfume and the unpleasant smell of too much makeup. Her face is always coated in a thin layer of white paint, lips always red, looking dangerous.
    Now everyone's looking in our direction. Her goons whispering behind their hands to each other.
    "You know that thing that I know about you Grate. Well I think it's about time everyone knew," she says getting to her feet.
    "I'll message you after school," I say quietly. Anger making my teeth clench as I flush. Her imbecile friends burst into hysterical laughter.
   "AFTER SCHOOL WASN'T THIS SUMMER OLIVIA!" She screams, eyes glinting dangerously. Everyone in the room goes silent even Drizzy, Thelma, and Beanie as they look at each other, somewhat confused. 
    Jacinda's face grows red.
    She's embarrassed herself, letting her anger take control again, and that's when I pounce.
    "Jace," I tell her, so quietly that I'm sure no one else in the room can hear me. "Calm down, I wasn't even in town all summer. I barely had time to text my parents back let alone you. Alright?" I ask. Returning my voice to normal on the last word. My hands clutched so tight around my phone it's gone white.
    "Don't. Call. Me. Jace."
    The class gasp, even the goons. Everyone knows how much she despised being called her childhood nickname. Jace Valentine - my old friend.
    "Then. Don't. Threaten me."
    I'm surprised to see tears forming in her eyes, just as I begin to feel bad a cute younger guy I've never met before sticks his face in through the open doorway.
    "She's coming!" He says, giving me a smirk and a wave. He's short with brown hair, tipped in rainbow colours and has a nose that I instantly want to nibble on.
I'm sure all the girls swoon, and big gay Fred who moved closer to the girls that Jacinda had told to shut up had probably instantly fallen in love.
    "Message me." Is all she says, before getting to her feet and allowing her oversized purse to hit me in the side as she walks by.
"Yeah message her." The goons say mockingly, sneering as they walk by.
"Yeah message my sister Liv," the cute guy says from his place at the door.
"Oh shut up Mikey." Jacinda says before pushing past him.
My eyes widen in shock as so do the entire class I assume. Mother had married someone? And her husband had a son like that?
    Shocked silence clings to the classroom like a veil. 
    A few seconds later Ms. Paclibar walks into the silent room. Her steps falter and her friendly smile disappears.
    "What?" She asks, looking down to make sure there is nothing on her blouse or skirt.
    My phone buzzes loudly in my hand in my hand and I look back, everyone in the room is staring at me again.