Olivia

When my phone buzzed in Ms. Paclibars class after The Incident I initially ignored it. She was busily writing French proverbs on the chalkboard and I was finding it both challenging and a pleasure to find that I was keeping up. Must have been my extra time in Europe this summer. I happily thought to myself.
    It wasn't until everyone's phones started going off and even The Pacs laptop began dinging in an unusual way that I started to worry.
    Only Cereno had that power.
    I here someone gasp, then another as they check their phones.
I drop my phone on the ground, my hand shaking as I reach down to grab it even as it buzzes and vibrates on the classroom floor.
    "No freaking way!" I hear Fred exclaim loudly.
    "Fred!" Ms. Paclibar says from the front of the class sternly as she walks towards her open laptop. "Fuck!" She says loudly when she's close enough to see the screen. Covering her mouth afterwards with one hand, giving the class an apologetic look before pulling her chair closer.
As I read the phone I don't know wether to run or cry. My mind races as I try to get my fingers to stop trembling.
Texts from Tom and Lori start flooding in. First Tom starts apologizing, he's not even sure how something like this can happen, Tori is pissed, and makes sure to let let Tom and me know, 99% of her words being swears.
I don't know, is all I can text back. My mind, frozen, yet oddly enough relieved. Relieved at the fact that I won't have to make a Cereno post tomorrow, relieved that I won't be the one that people from all the world won't be coming to me for help. Relieved that I won't have to deal with Jacinda, and I haven't told anyone this (not even Tor) but Natalie as well. A weight was lifted off my shoulders ... and it felt good.