The Prologue

James POV

Going, Going, Gone.

I was waiting for my parents to turn the corner. We -my younger siblings and I- managed to convince my parents that they deserve to go out for dinner. They were quite hesitant as all of my cousins were over at our place for the night and also my fellow Golden Marauders and I could get up to a lot of mischiefs. After Albus and I tried to convince my parents (Harry and Ginny Potter if I forgot to say), it was eventually Lily who convinced them because let's face it, she can get anything she wants when she wants. It also helps that she is a total daddy's girl. It's kinda mind-blowing how she ended up with both our parent's temper. The loud and furious (Mum) and the scary and calm with the occasional shout (Dad). Al also got a bit of this temper but nowhere as much as Lily. She's the she-devil. We already know that she will most certainly NOT be in Hufflepuff, anyway, she hates that house because most of them are TOO nice, she might fit into the other not most of them in Hufflepuff.

Previously:

Around 5'o clock- around an hour after the rest of our cousins arrived- my mother called me away from Fred Weasley (aka my partner in crime). As I walked downstairs, I saw my dad walking up the stairs holding a small paper brown bag, however, I took no notice of it.

"Hey dad, do you know what mum wants?" I asked

"No clue whatsoever," Dad replied

"5 Gallons say that she's going to shout at me," I stated with confidence.

"10 Gallons say that she's going to threaten you and if you do anything wrong while we are out, she will shout at you," He replied casually

"You're on," I shouted as I entered the kitchen.

"Who's on," mum asked with a look of concentration as she was trying to put an incredibly fat quiche into the oven.

"Nothing, what did you want me for, you called me away from planning me and Fred's next prank," I complained.

"Fred and I," mum stated, crossing her arms as she stood up from the oven.

"You sound like Aunt Hermione mum," I stated in the same voice, mimicking her actions.

"Oh shit I do too," mum said looking distressed, but then calmed down, "No funny business while your father and I are out ok. No pranking family and non-family members, do not burn down the house and no going into your father and I's office to get the Marauders Map. You deserve that punishment. If you do, defeating the Voldemort would be a walk in the park. Got it."

"Yes mum," I replied sarcastically

"James!" Mum said crossing her arms again.

"Yes, mum I promise," I said trying to sound sincere. Obviously not trusting me (why? I am very trustworthy) she eyed my suspiciously then said I could go.

Sometime later mum called us kids down to say good-bye.

"Ok kids, Teddy is in charge. Golden Marauders no mischief or pranking until we get back. No fighting. No burning down the house, as that is the last thing, I want to come home to. Have fun ok. We should only be gone for an hour. Now James, can you get your dad and say that we are about to head off." Mum stated in front of us kids. "Dinner would be ready in half an hour ok," she added to Teddy as I headed up the stairs to see where dad is.

"Hey dad, you and mum are heading off now," I shouted as walking towards the office. I entered the office to see dad getting the coat hanging up on the rack next to the door.

"Did I just get 5 Gallons richer," Dad asked with a smirk on his mouth.

"Yes, but I will give it to you when you get back,"

"Ok," I heard but I was grabbing a random hair tie. "Tell your mother I'm just putting on my shoes, will you?" he asked.

"Sure," I said walking out of the door, slipping the hair time over the lock. I continued to walk down to the kitchen. "He will be down in a minute," I told mum as I walked back to the kitchen.

'Ok, go upstairs with the others," she said tying her shoes, waiting for dad.

"Ok I'm here, we can head off now," my dad said kissing his wife's cheek.

"Keep the PDA to minimum guys," I sarcastically said,

"Oh, shut it," mum snapped back

"Tell the others we are leaving and remind them of the rules ok?" Dad said

"Sure, Love you guys."

"Love you too." Smiled mum while hugging me.

"Be good," dad said with a bit of threat in his voice

"Ok, goodbye," I shouted as they locked the front door. I ran up the stairs to the games room where the rest of my cousins and siblings were most likely sitting. When I reached up the stairs, I looked out the window. I saw my parents laughing together, holding hands. I watch them walk out of the street and apparated away.

I turned to everyone in the room and stated loudly,

"Let's get this party started"

Every non-Golden Marauder groaned.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Thank you for actually reading. 

This was my first FanFic and I was very nervous too if people would enjoy it.  Please comment any constructive criticism and if you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry for the short chapter.

932 Words

Next Chapter should be out sometime tomorrow. 

Published: 20th of June 2020

(∩◕ᗜ◕)⊃━☆゚.*

K