A History Lesson

Lily POV

As soon as Jamie said let's get this party started, I cheered.

What mummy and daddy are still curious about today is how Jamie gets all his pranking supplies to school? I take pleasure in being the unknown supplier and a full-fledged member of the Golden Marauders at home.

Well not exactly.

Daddy once caught me, and I managed to convince him not to tell mum.

You are probably wondering why daddy is super chill (unlike when he was a teenager) and has gotten into a little bit of pranking.

After the war, daddy had mourned for the deaths of so many he blamed it on himself. The only reason I know the next part is because I have heard him talking to mum about it about after waking up from nightmares after trying to steal a cookie after my bedtime. After a while, he had started to realise that mopping around and not living his life to the fullest is an insult to everyone who passed away. Everyone who died so he could live. He got out more and helped those who were struggling with moving on. People also started going to my father for advice as he has lost more then any person should.

This is how daddy started getting into pranking. Around a couple of months after the war, daddy was at the Burrow for the usual weekend stay (Mummy and daddy got together almost immediately after the war again). He and mummy were just talking outside under a tree and then Uncle George came up to him and tapped him on the shoulder, signalling for him to follow thing alone. After the war, Uncle George shut everyone out. I don't blame him. If I had a twin who died I would be very sad too. He didn't speak to anyone. The family would only see him IF he came down to eat. So, it was very surprising when Uncle George spoke to Harry first for the first time in months. This is how it went down:

Mummy and daddy were laughing together, talking about when they first got together (They got together half-way through dad's 4th year but it was secret from everyone except Grandma and Grandpa Weasley. They went together to the Yule Ball and enjoyed their time, so they started dating secretly. They would've told people except for the fact that daddy was scared for his life because of the Weasley brothers. They found out the same time as everyone else- 6th year but thought they had just started dating. They still don't know, anyway). Daddy felt a tap on his shoulder, and he turned to see Uncle George standing behind.

"Can I talk to you alone," he stated in a hoarse voice.

"Sure," Daddy said cautiously as he unwrapped his arm from mummy's shoulders.

Uncle George lead daddy to a lake where they cannot be heard. They sat down facing the sunset. After a minute Uncle George spoke up again.

"How do you move on; how do you forget" tears falling down his face he said now facing daddy.

"You will never forget, but you can only live as they gave their lives so we can live on, we can celebrate and remember the amazing memories we had with them." Daddy replied sincerely.

"How do you do it. You have lost so many parental figures in your life. Some of when you don't remember. How can you move on in life?" George restated with even more tears in his eyes.

"Memories and stories," Daddy replied. " Tell me some of your best childhood memories with Fred or do you want to show them to me?"

"Show" Uncle George quietly. He dragged out his wand and pulled out memory and put it into the lake's water.

For the next hour, daddy and Uncle George sat together watching the memories, both laughing and crying at the same time. In the end, Daddy asked Uncle George how he felt, and he replied with much better and that now he feels like he can continue on living.

"What would Fred want you to do now?" daddy asked.

"Cause havoc and mischief," George said grinning for the first time in months. Since before Fred died.

"I'll help you," Daddy said.

"Have you ever done a prank in your life?"

"Not really but it's by the time I learn." Daddy said

"Let's do it mate."

The rest of the family was very surprised to see Uncle George coming back into the family. They did have their suspicions as daddy and Uncle George had grown a lot closer and also the fact that the next morning everyone woke up with green hair except for those two. Daddy got an earful from mummy, so did Uncle George. Well, that's enough of a history lesson.

Back to the story.

Around an hour of the Weasley-Potter (and Lupin) Exploding Snap battle Royale. Louis, Jamie and Fred tapped me on the shoulder and pointed towards the door. Teddy-bear saw this and frowned at the 4 of us. I thought quickly.

"We are going to get snacks. Want anything?" I asked him in my sweetest voice.

"You had dinner around 15 minutes ago how can you still be hungry?" he asked no longer frowning

"I don't know but we are we will be back in around a minute ok," I replied in my baby voice (No one can resist it except daddy, but I normally get what I want with him because I'm daddy's little girl).

"Ok, be back by 5 minutes"

We (The Golden Marauders) went out of the room then Jamie whispered.

"Ok, thanks to Lily for that awesome performance now let's break into dad's office."

"Why would we do that?" asked Louis

"Cause Jamie lost the Marauders Map and he would want to get it back" I replied.

"Correct. I put a hair tie over the lock so the door wouldn't lock properly when dad 'locked' the door." Jamie stated, grinning.

"You, my man, are a true genius," Fred stated proudly.

"Oh, I know, come on, we gotta be quick," Jamie replied smugly.

We crept up to the top of the house to where the office is located, and Jamie and Fred did their magic and opened the door.

We stepped inside and saw many DADA objects that look very unique. I don't know any of the names, but I had seen a couple in books.

"Ok look for a piece of old parchment," Jamie whispered. I looked around the shelves to the side of the room. "What's this?" I heard someone asked as I was examining a medium-sized box. I turned around- still holding the box- to see Louis holding a brown paper bag.

"Whatever it is, it must be dangerous," James said with gleaming eyes, taking the bag from Louis. He pulled out a delicate looking gold necklace with a tiny hourglass in the centre of its chains.

"Careful, we don't want to break it" I yelled as Jamie nearly dropped it handing it to Freddy.

"James, you and the Golden Marauders better not be in Harry's office" Teddy-Bear shouted.

"Um we are coming back now," he shouted back, "I'm going to ask Teddy what it is"

We walked back (I took the box because I discovered it was pictures of the family, and some of my parents, Uncles and Aunt's at Hogwarts).

"What's this Teddy?" Jamie tried to ask innocently

"JAMES SIRIUS POTTER PUT THAT DOWN NOW. THAT'S A TIME TURNER!"

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Thank You for reading another chapter!

Next chapter should be out before the 28th of June 2020.

1277 Words

Published 22nd of June 2020

ლ(◕.◕ლ)

K