Slithery Parselmouths

Harry POV

It was after the Quidditch matches and I was helping Sirius put the brooms to the side as we had all agreed to have a rematch tomorrow. Sirius was enlightening me on some of the pranks he, Wormtail, Remus and my father us to play at school. He was telling me how they tried to make up their own language, but no one could agree on what the words should be, and it was so hard. I asked him why they wanted to make up their own language and he replied with,

"Oh, so we can talk in class and give each other answers to tests without anyone knowing what we were saying. We tried to learn languages, but it was too hard. We also tried sign language and Morse code, but it was one thing that we regretted that we didn't do."

Just as we were finishing, we heard James II leaving the room muttering under his breath. I heard him say a lot of things that I cannot say but most of them regarding how they should have a rematch now.

"What's he hissing at?" Sirius asked. I have no clue what he meant as I heard him personally, then it hit me. I gaped at him thinking of the possibilities. I pushed the thought away thinking it was impossible.

I followed him down to the kitchen to where dinner was being laid.

James was telling the table with the other Golden Marauders the famous pranks that they have planned and gave Fred I and George ideas for Weasley Wizardry Wheezes, which they were ecstatic to learn about.

I heard Albus II swore under his breath when they started talking about how they broke into the Slytherin Common room and turned everything green pink.

"Don't swear, it was pretty funny," Lily said.

"Um, he didn't say anything," Ron started, "He just hissed."

My theory was correct. Only the Weasley children (present) and Hermione knew his unique capability, but they didn't say anything.

I must've passed it down to them.

After dinner, all the kids went upstairs to just sit around. I pull my future children to the side and asked the question,

"Are you guys Parseltmouths?"

They looked at me hesitantly then James said: "Yeah, it's a funny story really, but you are fine with it in the future so don't stress."

"Really?" I said in shock. It was my one fear when I get older.

"Yeah," Albus said.

"You pissed yourself when you first heard me. I was around 2 and I was asking for food. You were like yeah yeah and got me some food, but mum dropped the bowl of noodles she was holding and said that I was a Parselmouth. You stared at her for around 5 minutes, then you had to go to work. Mum didn't know who to speak Parseltongue, so you took advantage of that. You would talk to us privately if we didn't want mum to know. It's quite funny. She hated it as we didn't know what we would say. You and mum are the only ones that know because you didn't want it to get out to the media," James said suppressing giggles.

"Oh, ok," I say calming down. Slightly.

I continued to ask the funniest stories about the situation when Remus came up to get Teddy and Victoire. Everyone looked at each other and ran after them as quiet as possible. There was many, many silent punches were thrown, mainly from the future generation. When we had made our way to the kitchen door. Unfortunately, Remus knew that everyone one would try and listen in so he charmed the door again.

But that didn't stop the others.

I kinda stood to the side with Albus and Hermione as the others tried different methods to break the charm. They kept getting ridiculous every time someone tries.

It started with Weasley Wizard Wheezes products then progressed into hexes and jinxes. It ended when Lily tried to physical knock down the door. With her head.

After that run-in (literally), she came skipping over to me with the biggest grin.

"That kinda hurt," she said to me in Parseltongue, under her breathe so no one else could hear.

"You think," I reply in the same tone.

Her smile only grew bigger.

Suddenly everyone jumped back at the motion of the kitchen door opening.

Teddy stood out and shut the door.

"I know what you guys are doing so stop but no one noticed luckily. Do any of you guys know what time we disappeared at?" He asked.

"Oh, I know," Lily said.

"So, what is it?" Teddy asked impatiently.

"I will tell them," she asked as she pushed past him.

"But, bu... oh well," Teddy sighed hurrying after her.

A couple of minutes later Lily came out.

"What now?" Louis asked.

"Why don't we have another round of questions," Molly said.

"Sounds good," Dom said starting to make her way upstairs. Everyone followed her up to the lounge room upstairs.

This was going to be interesting, to say the least.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for 4000 views, I am overwhelmed, thank you so much!

Shoutout to @Timecanary123 for the amazing comments, again I read them in Religion, while doing assessments (not the smartest idea). I have no clue why I keep doing that but oh well.

864 Words

K

✺◟(◕ᗜ◕)◞✺

Published 3rd of September 2020

Have a Bloody Good Day