Denouement

READ BEFORE YOU PROCEED: This epilogue contains scenes that may not be suitable for certain audiences. Readers who are sensitive to extreme dark content and under age 18 may skip the 1989 timeline.

To give you heads up, there will be a brief child prostitution, abusive parenting, child abuse, emotional manipulation, foul words, drugs, and deaths. If you can't handle it, I suggest you jump into 2010 timeline right away.

I didn't expect that there will be an extensive amount of Russian dialogue in this one. I don't want to translate it for you at first because I want you to translate it by yourself, but I realized that it will be quite overwhelming and frustrating on your part.

That's why to maintain the consistency of my writing style and to make your life easier, I will comment the meaning of each russian dialogues. All you have to do is to view the comment on that part to see the translation. I hope it will lessen the turnaround time since this epilogue is VERY LONG (It was 30k words for pete's sake)

But anyways, I will post an author's note after the denouement. I hope by that time, you are still with me. Thank you for supporting Jenny the Stripper!

JENNY THE STRIPPER

[ Denouement ]

EPILOGUE

---

21 years ago...

Year 1989

Jazzquin Lebedev's Point of View

"Ya dumal chto lekarstvo podeystvuyet."

With an uneasy and remorseful look on her face, Jackquin handed me Ruru's lifeless body, my Siberian cat.

"Mne zhal'," she stated, like a doctor who failed to resurrect a patient.

My hands clutched into fists while staring at my dead pet. I'm sure that his body was not this stiff yesterday. His eyes were still responding and his tail, even if it's weak, was still moving.

"Chto ty sdelal?" I asked, vision starting to show tiny black dots. I also refused to get Ruru from her.

"YA-ya pytalsya dat' yemu lekarstvo ot grippa," she explained with a stutter, "YA ne dolzhen byl delat'—"

I didn't care if Ruru was still in Jackquin's arms. I punched her jaw because of her stupidity.

It wasn't strong, though. I didn't know how to punch back then, but I bet that she didn't see it coming.

Jackquin looked at me with a surprise expression on her face, I could say that she was in a little pain.

It doesn't matter. She killed my cat.

"Suka!"

I turned around and walk away, leaving her dumbfounded. There's no way that I'll do the digging.

That was the first time I lost someone.

"Rebyata, vy dralis'?"

No one answered papa when he asked that. I can't blame him for noticing because me and Jackquin used to do small talks during dinner. I haven't talked to her since I swore and punched her.

It was a cold evening in August. We are in our small and old bungalow at the seaside of Saratov, Russia. We have been living here since I could remember. It was owned by my grandparents on my father's side since 1900s, before the First World War.