7

The Observer

➿

"Hey." Natasha turned to head to a rough voice, "Hi, what are you doing out here?"

Grayson out his hands in his jean pockets, "Saw you taking pictures, also seemed a little lonely. Thought you would like some company." Natasha nodded, taking one more picture of the suns light bouncing off the waves of the lake. "That's very nice of you." She out the camera down, making eye contact with him as they sat on the sand, "What's the real reason?"

To say the least Grayson was shocked, "How'd you know?"

"You're an open book." The way she said that with such ease and confidence made pride shoot threw his chest. "So you can read me? Tell me some stuff." Natasha nodded as she looked through the photos she had just taken, "Easily. You're trying to change the subject because you wanted to come out here and spend time with me, not because I looked lonely."

He was shocked, how did she know this? He wasn't exactly an open book, maybe she could read minds. "How-"

"I saw it on your face, in your body language, the way your eyes are always on me or staring right into Mine. I may not believe in love at first sight, however I read enough and watch enough stuff to see the signs of someone liking another."

So she knows. Was what echoed in his mind, "You... you know I like you, but I don't know how you feel about me." She blinked, "Probably because I don't know how I feel about you. If I were to like you, we would never last." Grayson scroffed, "Why not?" He didn't mean for it to come out with distain but it did, however this didn't bother her.

"Because you're leaving. You don't live in a England like I do, after this weekend you're leaving and we have no idea if you would ever come back."

"If Ethan and Elizabeth can make it work, why couldn't we?" Natasha blinked at him, watching as his father carries his younger brothers out of the house, "Probably because they know what they feel, I've never felt love, I don't know what it is. Everyone I dated, I only every loved them sexually, even if I said the three words, I never believed I was telling the truth." She stood up upon hearing her sister calling her name.

Briefly she gently grabbed his jaw, pointing his head up so he can meet he eyes. "I would never wish to do that to you."

Votes: Tell me you like what I'm writing and gives support.
Comments: Show me your invested into the story just as much as I am.

457 words

6/21/2020

Edited: nope