15

➖The Child➖

"AUNTIE!!" I blink as a small body rams itself into my side, I smiled, "Hey Justin," I pick the small four year old up before settling him on my hip. "What're you doing out here?" Just then, Ethan runs in, a sigh of relief passes his lips once he sees us. "Justin there you are." He picked him up as he smiled at me, "Thank you for getting him."

I shrugged, "I didn't know what was happening." Justin giggles. "I didn't want to take a bath!" I laugh, watching Ethan's face fall in exhaustion, "Well-" I speak, catching both of their attentions. "Mommy told me that she's going to get here soon, and she wouldn't like it if you're not cleaned when she gets here." Justin gasped as he wiggled out of his fathers arms, running towards the bathroom, I assume.

Ethan gave me a smile, embracing me into a small hug, scared to touch my stomach. Once we let go he looked down, "How far along are you?" I smiled, rubbing my big stomach, "Eight months."

He nodded, "And hows Sylvia?" I giggled, "Amazing, for a six year old she's very smart, already knows how to pronounce full sentences and I think she likes to garden? Just like her daddy, always wanting to be outside." Ethan nodded, "Speaking of, How is my brother, last I heard he has no idea about you proposing?"

Natashas eyes fly open, "What the fuck was that?" She mutters, "What was what?" She let out a small yell, Elizabeth laughing. "What the hell?!"

"We all woke up and considering we were up late, I let you sleep in, I got Grayson to agree to let you sleep in, he's a very very early bird and I hate it." Natasha laughed, taking in her surrounding, they were the only ones in the room. Elizabeth plopped down next to her. "So? You going to explain your dream to me or what?"

She took a deep breath in, explaining everything that happened in her dream, "I had a kid?" Her sister asks, a gleaming smile on her face, "Justin."

"And you had a kid?"

"And I was pregnant. Her name was Sylvia." Elizabeth raises an eyebrow, "Sylvia? You would never name your kid that, I mean it's not bad but it's not you." Natasha nodded in agreement. "So what do you think the dream was about?" Elizabeth asked. Her sister shrugged, "I'm just glad it wasn't a sex dream." She spoke, getting up and grabbing clothes, she changed with the bathroom door open, because the bedroom door was closed and it was just her sister. She wanted to drop the subject, Elizabeth, however, did not.

She sat on the bed, watching as Natasha was about to brush her bed hair, "Wait!" Natasha flinched, "yes?"

"Don't brush your hair." Elizabeth pouted, "Why not?" She shrugged, "Because when you wake up your hair is always the curliest it's ever been, if you brush it, it'll look fizzy and will be straight!" Natasha sighed, "Then how do you suggest I get the knots out?" Elizabeth bounced up, giving her sister her dry conditioner, then plopped back on the bed. "There." Natasha put it in, her curls obviously showing, "I assume Grayson will notice that."

Natasha pouted, "Yeah okay. No one pays that close attention to how my hair looks every day." With an offended look Elizabeth speaks, "I pay attention!"

"That's because you want my hair to match what I'm wearing." The youngest nodded, she didn't like it when the hair style don't match the clothes people were wearing. "So how are you and Ethan, Last I saw you guys were pretty close." Elizabeth blushed, and for once in her life she giggled. Natashas jaw fell, "Holy shit you giggled!" Elizabeth straightened up, "No I didn't!"

"You so did!" Elizabeth slapped her laughing sister in the arm while pointing threateningly at her, "If you don't shut up I'll talk to Grayson about anything and everything you've done in your entire life." Instantly the woman shut up. "Okay, I'll stop, but seriously, how are you and him?"

Elizabeth smiled, "We.... were perfect. He makes me smile, and I'll never admit this but he makes me giggle," she glared at Natasha as she opened her mouth, "Shut up," Natasha pursed her lips to stop herself from laughing, "He's everything I've been looking for. Nice, funny, hot, buff, he plays video games with me! He's kind of a slob but so am I, it's a match made in hell!" Natasha laughed, "Yes, hell."

The girls laughed. After dying down, Elizabeth turned to Natasha, "How about you and Grayson?"

She shrugged, a small smile on her face, "I don't know. He's nice, playful, he likes the things I do, overall he's doing the one thing I never expected anyone to do for me."

"And what's that?"

"He's teaching me how to love." She paused, hearing his laugh boom throughout the house, other laughs following along. She realized she could pinpoint his laugh out of everyone else's.

"And I think it's working."

Another short chapter.... you're welcome KishMyAsh
Votes: Tell me you like what I'm writing and gives support.
Comments: Show me your invested into the story just as much as I am.

887 words

7/2/2020

Edited: nope