19

— The last night —

Exhausted. The kids felt incredibly exhausted. Their body's were sore, their energy was drained and their eyes could barley stay open. Some of the younger kids were carried to bed, others walked, and the teenagers stayed awake. Not because they weren't tired, they were but they couldn't fall asleep.

The adults stayed up too, all of them dancing in the boat house whilst getting drunk. The music itself was so loud you could head it from the downstairs and there only.

After taking their respective showers — Ethan and Elizabeth deciding that saving water was better than taking two showers — the four of them were in the living room.
Natasha made everyone snacks while the twins fought over what movie to watch.

"I'm just saying, ratatouille is a good movie!"

"I thought the movies name was Remy?" Grayson narrowed his eyes at his brother, hesitating until he decided to swing his arm back, successfully slapping the back of Ethan's head.

"Ow!" Ethan yelled. At the loud commotion Natasha handed her sister a orange, and that alone gave Elizabeth the idea of what to do. So she did it. She threw the orange at the back of Ethan's head. "OW!" He yelled again. Looking to his girlfriend in betrayal.

All she did was giggle and kiss where he was hit before laying her head in his lap. "Then be quiet. The kids are asleep."

Ethan wiggled his eyebrows, "So we have kids now?" Smirking up she flicked his chin, "Oh, I'm sure you'd like that."

Softly smiling he nodded, "I would." It was silent from there on. The movie starting as Natasha laid the snacks on the table for her and Grayson while she put one on the desk on Ethan's left.

Grayson sat behind Natasha on the ground, his arms around her waist and his chin rested on her head. While watching the movie he couldn't focus, not one bit.

He was so happy. He was blissful. He was thankful him and his brother finally found girls to love. He was glad Ethan and Elizabeth were getting along so well. He was delighted to be given the opportunity to teach Natasha how to love, and within that journey, he's learned what love truly meant as well.

He was so deep in thought he barley registered the couple behind him gone and the woman in his arms half asleep. Furrowing his brows he looked around, carful not to move his hands. There was no sight of the couple anywhere downstairs.

Sighing he shook Natasha, "Come on princess, time to wake up."

A sound of disgust left her lips, "Dont call me that please." She rubbed her eyes, leaving the warmth of his body as she stood up, hiding the snacks knowing the kids will be awake before her tomorrow. "My dad calls me that."

Grayson chuckled, following her and waiting in the stairs as he looked out the window, smiling at the couple playing basketball in the moonlight.

"Then what should I call you? Honeybunches?"

"Elizabeth calls me that."

"Love."

Pouting Natasha gripped his hand, pulling him behind her towards their room. "No imma call you that."

Tiptoeing into the room they both sneakily laid down, both looking into each others eyes as Becky laid between them.

"Then what do you suggest?"

"Call me yours."

Licking his lips he softly chuckled and kissed the girls sleepy head, both of them peacefully falling asleep to the faint music from the shed and the laughs and slight screams along with the muffled thumping of the basket ball outside.

This truly was the way to spend their last night together.

Votes: Tell me you like what I'm writing and gives support.
Comments: Show me your invested into the story just as much as I am.

640 words

3/28/2021

Edited: nope