Dangerous Alternatives To Safe Boredom

20

After 50 games of very aggressive MarioKart, Harley and Peter were about ready to kill eachother.
Peter had blue shelled Harley and now Harley was somehow filled with enough rage that he had pinned Spider-Man in a fight.

"Harley get off of me! It doesn't matter: you were going to lose to me anyway!" Peter exclaimed, doing his best to still play and see the screen around Harley.

Unfortunately for Peter, Harley decided to silence him by covering his mouth with his foot (a hand would have of course been better but to win Harley needed both of them).

Peter proceeded to bite Harley's foot, get kicked in the face by Harley, then decided to lunge at Harley to distract him from first place.

There are no friends in MarioKart. Spider-Men become Spider-Warlords.

Harley dodged out the way and snarled at Peter. Their humanity was gone but their insanity was in. In the game Peter fired a red shell at Harley to distract him momentarily.

The second the Harley had to focus his attentions back onto the game Peter dived on top of him and hissed.

"GET OFF ME PARKER OR I'LL SKIN YOU!"
"OH YEAH‽ WELL I'LL POISON YOU!"
"HOW YOU GONNA POISON ME‽ WE DON'T EXACTLY HAVE ANYTHING NEARBY YOU COULD USE!"
"I WAS BITTEN BY A RADIOACTIVE SPIDER! MAYBE IT WAS A VENEMOUS ONE!"
"OH DON'T YOU DARE GO NIBBLING AT ME YOU LITTLE FUCKER!"
"OR WHAT‽ HOW DO YOU PLAN ON SKINNING ME‽ YOU DON'T EXACTLY HAVE THE NECESSARY EQUIPMENT LYING AROUND!"
"OH DON'T I‽"

Suddenly, Harley whipped out a weapon from his pocket and pointed it at Peter.

"You wouldn't dare..." whispered Peter more menacingly than is natural for him.

Harley smirked and looked Peter dead in the eyes as he answered with equal volume and threat, "There's nothing I wouldn't dare do right now, Petey Pie."

Peter visibly paled as he looked down at the butter knife in Harley's hand.

Just as Peter was about to do something either very brave or very stupid, he froze.
His advanced hearing picked up on something.

Noticing this sudden change in his opponent, Harley lowered the butter knife and asked, "What it is?"

Peter's gaze slowly drifted up and he whispered, "There are people in the vents..."

Harley looked up, gulped slightly then looked back down anxiously to Peter. "Truce?" he said.
"Truce." Peter agreed.

Careful not to make a sound, they both slowly got up and positioned themselves around the vent cover, Harley pointing his butter knife at it and Peter ready with his web shooters.

The sounds of shuffling got closer until they were right above their heads. But, to their surprise, the shuffling stopped above them and someone actually knocked on the vent cover.

Exchanging a glance, Peter and Harley edged closer, and Peter used his webs to slowly pry open the vent...

Out popped a face Peter recognised but was definitely not expecting.