Dawn of Horror

"Other families have people working for us, right?" Y/N asked, as she looked over the various dresses that had been brought over for her to look at. "Do you have pantsuits?" She asked the saleslady who nodded and hung the dresses up on a rack, disappearing out of the private fitting room.

"Yeah, it's pretty common."

"How many Kims do we have?" Jimin raised an eyebrow at her, trying to figure out what she was thinking. She looked like absolute shit and he was thinking of running out to grab some coffee. He didn't want to hear from his third cousin if she collapsed on his watch.

"Which ones?"

"The mean ones." She said absently as the saleslady came in with a small selection. Jimin managed to barely stop himself from snorting in laughter.

"We've kinda worked them out of our businesses for the most part. They're not very reliable and usually arrogant." She nodded and he could tell she was thinking hard. He would swear he could see her dark circles getting darker minute by minute.

"We have lower-level positions where they couldn't do much harm for a couple months, right? And if they were all suddenly fired it wouldn't affect things too much?"

"Yeah...." Jimin's eyes narrowed. "Wait, why?" Y/N picked one to try on then looked at him.

"Can you get me a list of the positions, a list of available Kims, and also decent backup people for all those positions if suddenly they become empty again?"

"Yeah....but....why....?" He was hesitant to ask, he didn't know if they were on those terms, but Y/N just turned around and smirked at him.

"Want my beloved fiance to get his money's worth." She said before walking into the changing room and closing the door behind her.

Jimin didn't know what to make of that.

"Hey, Jimin?" She yelled over the door.

"Uh, yeah?"

"I want to have those positions filled by the engagement party."

"That's....like next week!"

"Yeah, so I kinda need a rush job."

Jimin ran his hand down his face. Uuuuuuuuugh.

-

"You looked exhausted." Jimin just nodded and plopped onto Jin's couch. The others were there, except for Yoongi and Jungkook, who he'd seen talking in the kitchen.

"I am. It took us forever to get the non-you Kims out of our businesses and she wants to just welcome them back in." Jimin said dramatically, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Why?" Hoseok asked, taking small sips from his beer. He always nursed it since he was a lightweight. Jimin didn't even know what to make of what she said.

"She said she wanted Namjoon to get his money's worth."

"Really." Jungkook suddenly plopped onto the floor.

"Yeah."

"Interesting." His tone said there was something behind that word and Jimin was curious, but before he could ask Yoongi walked in and sat next to him.

"Jimin, you texted me she took Namjoon on a date, right?"

"Uh, yeah." Yoongi leaned back and crossed his arms thoughtfully. Then he looked over. "Weren't you responsible for making sure she was educated on our culture?"

"Yeah, I have been."

"So that's why she was on my doorstep at two this morning, quizzing me on what Namjoon thinks about wanting omegas to keep quiet." Jungkook snorted. Jimin froze.

"What?"

"I was coming home and she was waiting at my door." He turned and looked up at Jimin.  "Did you give her my address?"

"No...but....she was asking me about Joon-hyung's....background. After their date. Maybe I mentioned our names...? Wait, why was she on your doorstep and why the fuck was she asking that?"

"She's not responsible." Jungkook said quietly, eliciting confused looks all around from his hyungs. "She's not behind Namjoon's treatment." He said more loudly, clearing his throat.

"Uh......what?" Jin said. "What do you mean?"

"I had a fucking screaming match with her this morning and the end result was....she's just as confused by how he's being treated as we are. She didn't authorize any of it and she's asked the Chairman. He didn't ask for any of it either."

"But it's supposed to be agreed on between families...."

"I know, so I don't know who agreed."

"You're sure she wasn't lying?" Taehyung asked, just to be sure. Jungkook nodded.

"She had some paper, she said when she gave Namjoon his phone he was writing it out. It was a bunch of shit about not speaking unless spoken to. She was really upset by the possibility that he believed that and wanted to ask me if he did."

"Well. Shit." Jin groaned, realizing the implications of what Jungkook was saying.

"And she was really offended when I accused her of authorizing all this." As they talked through everything that had originally made them assume she was a part of Namjoon's captivity, they began to realize that a lot of it was assumptions. They assumed she knew how their world worked. They assumed she had been consulted and was already a well-informed family head.  They'd assumed, in other words, that she had the same cultural background and knowledge that had.

Which would negate the main reason for Jimin's current role.

"We really fucked up." Yoongi said after they'd sunk into their own thoughts. Jimin knew he had. There were a few points he wasn't clear on, like Y/N had called Namjoon arm candy, but now that he'd worked with her for some time he knew she had a bit of a dry sense of humor. If he assumed the best of her....and that there was another reason for the things she'd done he wasn't clear on....

He'd really misjudged her. And made her life unnecessarily harder. He knew he'd technically done his job, but his dislike towards her had been obvious. At the end of the day, he was responsible for what his friends thought about her, because they hadn't met her when all this started.

"I really fucked up." He said quietly, feeling an ugly bubble of shame in the pit of his stomach.

"We all did."

"Yeah, but you guys got your information from me. I should've....I don't know. Clarified things." He sighed. His loyalty to his friends was admirable. He never regretted standing up for them. But his anger had been mistargeted and someone else had been paying the price.

He had a lot of groveling to do.

"What do we do now?" Jin asked, now feeling really bad for having gone off on her.

"She's planning something."

"What?"

"I don't know. But she wants to hire a bunch of those Kims."

"What?!" Taehyung looked absolutely scandalized by the thought of Namjoon's Kims being picked for something over any Kim related to him.

"And she wants a list of people that can be moved into their positions." Yoongi frowned.

"You mean like hire and fire?" Jimin shrugged.

"I don't know. I don't even know if it has to do with Hyung."

Honestly, I would be surprised if it wasn't." Jungkook said, trying to figure out how hiring and then firing a bunch of Kims would not royally piss the family off.

Jimin had no clue. He realized he never had.

The only thing he knew was that he had a lot of groveling to do.