Fever

When Namjoon came to, it took him a couple seconds to place where he was and what had happened. He groaned and made to lift himself a little, a distant feeling of pain in the back of his mind as his eyes opened. He was still on Y/N, in fact his teeth were still buried in her neck and he could taste her blood on his tongue. He was mildly horrified by the thought that he'd orgasmed so hard, he'd passed out before retracting his teeth.

When he finally did move back a little he heard a muffled yelp and willed his head to turn to the side, tiredness seeping into his bones.

The tiredness was almost immediately forgotten when he realized the pain he was feeling buzzing in the back of his mind was actually from her through the newly created bond. Y/N was still biting hard into her hand, her eyes squeezed shut and tears continuing to seep from between her eyelids.

"Are you okay..." His voice cracked, and he wondered how loud he'd moaned to do that. "Y/N." He tried again, heavily moving his hand to pull hers out from between her teeth. The impressions in her skin looked ugly, and he was starting to feel worried when she didn't respond.

He made to push himself fully up and knocked against her shoulder, eliciting a yelp and making her other fingers dig even deeper into his hand.

"Oh my god." He said, realizing that he'd somehow managed to hurt her. He rolled off her and gently cupped her cheek. "Y/N, talk to me. What hurts?"

Y/N had been feeling really good, maybe a little oversensitive, before Namjoon had bitten her. The pain had been searing and her hand had flown up to her mouth, she'd bitten down on it to muffle her cries. She knew this needed to happen, but it didn't make it any easier.

And then he'd passed out for a moment, teeth still in her neck, and the pain was excruciating. She didn't know why, was this supposed to hurt this much? As the seconds had ticked by she realized she was feeling slightly sore down there, and now she was just trying to hold still and not move too much.

"It really hurts." She whimpered, wondering why the pain wasn't going away now that his teeth weren't sunk into her skin.

"God, I'm so sorry." The intense pleasure he'd just experienced was already forgotten as he shakily climbed off the bed and went looking for a first aid kit.

Y/N yelped when he tried dabbing at it, and he had to throw his leg over her torso to hold her down long enough to put a bandage over it. "Here, take these." He helped her sit up, despite her protests, and put painkillers in her mouth, followed by small sips of water.

"It hurts whenever I do anything that moves the skin, even a little." She said weakly, trying not to move her jaw, as he helped her into fresh underwear and PJs.

"I'm sorry." He felt bad, wondering why nothing in any archive mentioned how much being bitten would hurt for a human. Or was it that it always hurt but usually, since the other person being bitten was of his kind, it was just overridden by the orgasmic euphoria that followed afterwards? Something she wouldn't have.

He'd consult with Jimin tomorrow, right now he was helping her under the blankets and turning her onto her good side.

The emotions he felt from her came and went in waves as the bond between them began settling, on his side. And despite his worries, it didn't take him long to pass out with his arm curled around her waist.

Y/N, on the other hand, was up late, feeling pain with every heartbeat, wondering where they'd go from here.

-

It was still relatively early, light just beginning to peek through the curtains, when Namjoon grunted and tried to roll over, wondering why the hell he was so tired and why he'd woken up so early. It took a couple seconds for his thoughts to become coherent, and then the gears in his head began to creakily turn and warm up.

It probably took a lot of energy to start a mating bond, especially if it was so one-sided. That must be why he was so tired. Plus, he'd had to be mentally on for hours yesterday. He'd also gotten into a physical altercation. He made to move his hand up to feel the bruises on his neck, but he stopped when he realized why he'd woken up.

Y/N was burning up. She felt hot in the arms that had tightly encased her last night, and her skin had a light sheen of sweat. Namjoon carefully extricated his hand from underneath the blankets and reached up to feel her forehead. She felt like a furnace.

"Fuck." He muttered, not sure what to do. Was this normal? Most couples that he'd heard talk about mating just went on and on about lust and sex, they didn't mention things like this. Was it because she was human? Or did they experience it but not realize because they were so focused on their next orgasm?

It took him some time to get his other arm out from underneath her body, but when he did he found a rag to wet with cold water and some fever reducers. He debated calling Jimin but....maybe it would be better to try and get the fever down on his own first. That's probably what a doctor would attempt first anyway.

Y/N didn't stir when he placed the cloth on her forehead and set the painkillers and a glass of water on her nightstand. He didn't want to wake her, sleep was good for things like this, so he left them there and crawled back into bed. It didn't take him long to fall back into a heavy sleep.