"I Wanted To."

This time, Namjoon found a straw before giving Y/N her pills. Jimin was reassuring her that she didn't need to worry about anything and should just sleep when she interrupted him.

"Can I have my tablet?" Namjoon, who was assisting her, froze.

"Seriously?" He grumbled, slightly irritated despite himself. He felt bad that she was in this condition and knew it wasn't fair to take it out on her, but he wanted her not suffering from his bite as soon as possible.

"Y/N." Jimin said firmly. "Your fever is high, it's a wonder you're carrying on a conversation right now."

"I just have some documents coming in today that I need to sign electronically. The sooner they go out, the sooner I can get those balls rolling. Please?" She hated being sick, her paperwork had been all she'd been thinking about since waking up. She wasn't sure she could rest without stressing if she didn't get these things taken care of.

Jimin opened his mouth to say no again, but she stopped him. "I promise I'll sleep, it'll just be easier if I get these done. They won't weigh on my mind." Jimin closed his mouth and quirked his lips, thinking.

"How many do you have to sign?"

"Four documents."

"How many pages?" He asked suspiciously. She shrugged.

"Probably a lot." She admitted.

"And you're going to do a read-through too?" Y/N didn't reply right away.

"That would probably be a good idea...."

"No, please just rest." Jimin pleaded.

"Jimin, can you leave us for a second." Namjoon said, ending the back-and-forth. Jimin stopped, nodded, and closed the door behind him as he exited.

Y/N said nothing as Namjoon settled in next to her and laid back, carefully pulling her so her head rested on his arm.

"You need to rest, Y/N."

"I know, but..."

"Can you even think straight?" Y/N huffed and closed her eyes.

"I'm always most sure I'm thinking straight when I'm not." She said guiltily.  Namjoon chuckled, careful not to jostle her in any way.

"I promise we'll get you your tablet as soon as your fever's down, okay?"

"As soon as it's down?" She asked, her responsibilities weighing on her like she feared they would.

"As soon as it's down." She closed her eyes, furrowing her brow in concentration. "Are you trying to will it down?" Namjoon asked incredulously.

"Yes." She said, in lieu of nodding. He laughed in disbelief.

"It's important paperwork." She grumbled. He sighed.

"There's always gonna be important paperwork. You need to learn to step back, so it doesn't run your life." There was a pause.

"I'm tired. Stop talking and being right." He chuckled but stopped talking anyway. And despite Y/N's reservations, her body's exhaustion soon had her drifting off.

-

When she awoke it was dark outside, and she could hear Namjoon's steady breathing beside her. She weakly reached up to feel her forehead and was relieved to find it didn't feel so hot now. She felt loads better. She hesitantly reached for her neck and winced. It still hurt. But it was bearable now. She looked over at Namjoon. He'd curled towards her after falling back asleep, other arm protectively wrapped around her waist.

It took longer than she wanted to get out of his hold without waking him up, but when she was she moved fast towards the door, only to stop and catch herself on the wall as her head spun. Okay, slow. Her fever might be gone, but obviously she wasn't fully better yet. Still....Namjoon had said as soon as it went down....

She moved more slowly and finally made it to the living room, where she plopped down and unplugged the tablet from its charger. A sigh left her lips when she saw all the emails she needed to go through, trying to skim the subject lines to see if she could delete any right now.

Ah, there were the ones she needed. Y/N downloaded the files and pulled them up to look through, to make sure no secret changes had been made before she signed. She doubted there would be, but better safe than sorry. The company's lawyers had looked through them but....it wasn't always good to get into the habit of relying on others like that.

She had finished signing off on the next steps to sealing Doyoon's fate, when a yawning Namjoon shuffled into the living room, rubbing his eyes.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked suspiciously, eyeing the tablet in her hand.

"Better enough. The fever's gone." She said, sending the documents.

"Did you get your paperwork done?"

"Yeah, I just finished." He smiled.

"Good. I'm relieved." He admitted. His tone made Y/N frown.

"This wasn't your fault, Namjoon." He looked at her guiltily.

"I know but....I still feel bad. I was feeling the best I've ever felt, and it was causing you pain." Well, yeah. But it wasn't like it'd been expected. How could they have known her body would react this way?

"I feel like it just happened, like we didn't see it coming, and now that I don't have a fever I'm not concerned. Please don't feel guilty." He nodded, but still looked somewhat guilty.

"Have you changed your bandage yet?" She shook her head.

"Want me to do it?" If it helped him feel better than yeah, sure, okay.

It looked a lot better they found, when Namjoon had them both sitting on their bed and had peeled the bandage off.

"I think we can leave the bandage off tomorrow, let it breathe a bit." He said, carefully sealing it in place. Y/N was staring down at the blankets on their bed absentmindedly. "Hey, you with me?" He asked, when he didn't receive a reply.

"Did you stay all day today?" It took his brain a moment to catch up with the subject change.

"Yeah, I napped too." She looked at him sharply.

"But didn't you have dance practice?"

"I texted Hobi and told him I couldn't come in today. What's the point in doing what I love if I can't take a break every once in a while?" He tried to sound light-hearted, but now Y/N looked guilty.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want you to change your schedule for me...." She started, but he frowned and used his finger to hush her.

"I wanted to. You said I'm free, right? That's what I wanted to do with my time."

"But...."

"Y/N. I wanted to." He said firmly. She was quiet for a moment, trying to figure out how to say what she was thinking.

"I want you to do the things you want to do, but I don't want you to do them because you feel guilty or something." She finally said. Namjoon sighed and leaned forward so their foreheads bumped together.

"Y/N. I. Wanted. To. I wanted to be with you." She thought about arguing her point further, she really did, but if Namjoon was going to be so insistent....it would be kind of disrespectful for her to keep saying he shouldn't have. She still mentally checked herself from saying anything that could make it sound like she didn't want him to make his own decisions. If he was saying he wanted to....well she'd just have to accept that.

"Okay." She relented, only to be blinded by the grin that lit up Namjoon's face.

It was only later, when she was attempting to shower without getting her bandage wet (and failing), something they hadn't thought about beforehand, that another thought crossed her mind.

Wanted to. He'd wanted to be with her when she was sick.

That was such a foreign concept, she had no idea what to do with it.