Chairwoman Park

The table Y/N and Namjoon were seated at consisted of Jimin, Hoseok, and some of the oldest members of the (mean) Kim and Park family, including the Chairman and Chairwoman. There were definitely some murmurs, especially among a few Parks, about a Jung sitting at that table. Some were convinced that they would have been picked instead, had Hoseok not been the best man. But their delusional state of mind was why none of them had ever been considered for the role of leader of the family.

Jin and Jungkook made sure everything ran smoothly. There was an unofficial time limit to the reception, and then it would be time for Y/N to receive her official appointment. There was definitely jealousy in the room. But first....

"I know as the best man, it's my job to tell you some embarrassing stories about Namjoon. Give Y/N some dirt on him." Hoseok winked at her. "But these are unusual circumstances and so I think instead, I'll take an unusual approach." Hoseok took a deep breath. He and the other five had come to Namjoon, wanting to make absolutely sure that Y/N knew she wouldn't receive any problems from their families. That she would feel supported. This was the course of action they had decided on. "It's not common for a human to become part of one of our families, still less so for one to become the head of it. But if you've had the opportunity to interact with Y/N for any length of time, I'm sure you've noticed she is unusual. She's taking on a big job, not only as the head of the Parks but as Namjoon's mate..." Namjoon gave Hoseok a playful punch in protest. "I stand not only on behalf of the Jung family but as a spokesperson for the Mins..." Yoongi stood up at his table close by. The other occupants looked at him curiously, wondering what was going on. "...the Jeons...." Jungkook had been at the other end of the room but, when he heard his family name said, he stopped what he was doing and stepped out where people could more clearly see him, hands folded in front of himself. "....and the Kims..." It was Taehyung's turn to stand. "...when I say Y/N has our support and we wish her luck as she takes on this enormous responsibility." Hoseok turned and gave Y/N a satisfied nod and then sat down.

Y/N had been quietly eating her food when Jin had approached to give Hoseok a mike, and she'd absently wondered what he'd say about Namjoon. She hadn't been expecting that and had to put down her silverware, overwhelmed with the realization that only a few short months ago, all these men had considered her their sworn enemy, but now they were 100% behind her as she moved forward into this next stage of life.

She had never had that before and had to bow her head, hiding her eyes with her hand.

After Hoseok sat down, Jimin quickly stood and reached behind Y/N and Namjoon to grab the mike from him.

"And on behalf of the Park family, I acknowledge Y/N as the new head of our family and pledge to do my utmost to ensure she succeeds in her role." He said quickly, giving a short bow and then sitting down.

"You okay?" Namjoon had leaned over to whisper in Y/N's ear. She needed and sat up, blinking rapidly but otherwise not seeming affected. They could all see through it though. She was very touched.

The plates were cleared away and the Chairman made his way over to a small stage and table that had been set up in a corner. Jungkook handed him a microphone and stood to the side as Y/N slowly approached and then deeply bowed to the Chairman, who gave her a kind smile.

Once again, there was a long spiel about the history of the families and how touching it was that they would support her in her new role. But finally the document was rolled out and Y/N bent over the table and signed her name at the bottom. The Chairman signed his. Several various Parks signed as well, as witnesses, and Jungkook, being the most convenient non-member of the family in the area, signed as a witness as well and gave Y/N a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

The Chairman coughed and then looked seriously at the audience.

"I would like to present to you, the new Chairwoman Park. Please treat her kindly." He bowed. Y/N bowed.

And that was it. It was over.

Y/N was officially in charge of the Park family.

She was a bit more focused on the fact that this meant soon she could go home and be away from this whole crowd of people.

When she got back to her seat she frowned. She'd seen Namjoon there a moment ago, but now he wasn't in his seat.

"Bathroom." Jimin said when he said her questioning look.

"Ah." She sat down and smiled as a few people approached her to congratulate her and no doubt try to curry favor. She hoped Namjoon would hurry up, so they could make their excuses and leave.