The Doctor

When Y/N woke her head felt fuzzy, and it was hard to open her eyes with the small streak of sunshine peeking through the curtains. That wasn't good. What time was it? She was always up before it was this bright outside. She tried to reach out for her phone but stopped and hissed when she felt a stinging pain in her neck. Ow, ow, ow....what the fuck.

She stopped moving and breathed slowly, not wanting to aggravate her neck any further.

"Mmmgh." She felt movement and then another person's warmth bearing over her.

"Y/N? Are you awake?"

"Yeah." She said quietly, trying to keep as still as possible. She felt Namjoon's hand on her forehead and a sigh, before he carefully reached over her.

"I need you to sit up, okay." She bit her lip to keep from making any noise, and he helped her up. "You have a fever." He said by way of explanation, placing the pills in her mouth and tilting the glass so she could drink the water. "I should've gotten a straw." He muttered when he saw her wince in pain, mentally kicking himself. He put the glass down to reach for her bandage, but she pulled back. Even without being able to see the actual wound though, the skin in the general area looked red and swollen.

"What's happening?" She mumbled, head feeling heavy. Namjoon sighed.

"I don't know. But you should rest, I think I can call Jimin now." He said, checking his phone.

"But I...." Namjoon gave her a stern look that quelled her protest instantly.

"You can't work like this." He said, already anticipating what she was going to say. "I'll be right back." Y/N laid down, feeling the weight of all the work she had to do on her shoulders and also knowing there was no way she'd be able to get up and physically get to her computer or tablet to do anything. She was getting a headache, she needed to sleep.

"How was last niiiiiight." Jimin answered in a sing-song voice. "Don't really tell me, I don't want to know. Actually..." Right as Jimin wondered why on earth Namjoon would be calling, his question was answered.

"Something's wrong, Jimin. Her bite's swollen, and she's got a pretty high fever." There was a pause as Jimin digested this and then swung into action mode.

"Okay I'll cancel her appointments, get some answers from a doctor, and be right over."

"I..." Namjoon rubbed his hand down his face, relaxing slightly now that Jimin was taking care of things. "I gave her some water and fever reducers. I tried cooling her off with a cloth, but she feels even hotter now."

"Okay, don't panic. Like I said, I'll call a doctor."

It was an hour later that Jimin strode into the apartment with a no-nonsense looking alpha woman behind him.

"Oh, thank god. The fever reducers aren't working." Namjoon said, having gotten back up off the bed when he heard the front door opening. He gestured to the bedroom and the doctor gave him an acknowledging nod before brushing by him.

"Avoiding as much unnecessary detail as possible, what happened?" Jimin said, typing away at his phone. Namjoon knew he was listening intently, even if he wasn't looking him in the eye.

"I bit her and I..." He bit his lip, feeling a little guilty. "I passed out, not for more than a minute I think. It hurt her a lot, it was hard to get her to let me bandage it. When we woke up this morning she was running a fever...."

They heard a yell from the bedroom, and Namjoon sighed before turning around and hastily making his way in. As he expected, the doctor was trying to take the bandage off, and Y/N was in pain. He crawled on the bed and helped her sit up, before sliding behind her and wrapping his arms around hers and her torso to keep her from moving.

"Be quick." He said to the doctor, who nodded and reached for the band-aid again. Even with her lightning-fast speed, Y/N still jerked and he had to hold her tight. The doctor made a noise of sympathy when she saw the bite mark. It was an angry red and definitely not healing at the moment.

"Is it infected?" Y/N's voice distracted everyone from staring at it and brought them back to the present. The doctor leaned close, trying to look at it without touching it.

"I don't think so." She pressed her hand to Y/N's forehead and then took out a thermometer. Her eyebrows shot sky-high when it beeped, and she saw the number it was displaying. "Your fever's pretty high. And she's had fever reducers?" Namjoon nodded, careful not to jostle his mate. The doctor pursed her lips. "I don't think it's an infection, I think you just have a very reactive immune system." The doctor said, trying to bandage the area back up without hurting Y/N.

"I mean...I do." Her voice sounded tired. "There are like 20 things I have a slight allergy to. When I've gotten the flu, I always get it real bad. I tend to run an elevation after shots." The doctor nodded in understanding.

"I think that's just the case here. I'll leave some stronger fever reducers and painkillers." She looked at Namjoon. "Make sure she drinks lots of liquids. Are you nauseous, ma'am?"

"No."

"Okay, hopefully the painkillers will work, and you can get some food in you." Namjoon helped Y/N lay back again and got up to join Jimin and the doctor as she was escorted out.

"Thank you." He said and the doctor nodded.

"Make sure she rests too. That'll be the biggest help right now."

"We will." Jimin assured her.