4: Lunch

As I'm getting my stuff for the next class, two floors down, Gerard comes up and slams my locker shut.

"Listen sugar. I'm the one you're going to be afraid of, I'm the sass queen. You can't sass a fucking sass queen. If I see it again, you'll look like doodle bob. Got it?"

Gulp. "m-mhm."

As he's walking away I have to find the class on my own. Eh, it's not going to be too bad.

"Mrs. L/n.. care to explain why you're 20 minutes late?"

"I couldn't find the room. I'm a new student and haven't seen the building before."

"Well okay, I'll excuse it. Only because you walked in with Gerard, and he probably also made you late."

Gerard smirked, and turned his head.

"Whatever."

The rest of the day flew by until lunch. I had been dreading it all day, just because I have no friends and no where to sit. Guess I'll be sitting by myself, once again. I had been sitting by myself at lunch ever since freshman year, because my best friend , Patrick, moved to New Jers- FUCK! I THINK HE GOES TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!

As I walk into the Cafeteria, (or lunchroom, depends where you're from.) I'm immediately greeted with a hug. Before I could see who it was, my face was smashed with a fedora.

Patrick.

"Hey, Patrick! I didn't know you went here!" I exclaimed, sitting down at an empty table. "Uhm, I didn't know YOU went here." He rolled his eyes and looked back up at me. Me and Patrick have been friends for years, probably since kindergarten. He was also gay, so I didn't have to worry about him trying anything and ruining our friendship.

As I sat back down after getting my lunch, I was immediately slung over someone's shoulder. "Let me go!" I yelled, punting and kicking. I'm too weak for this. "Aww, sugar. You're cute when you think you're in charge."

Gerard, again. Fuck. What the fuck was he doing? Should I be scared? I know the answer to that.

He set me down next to him at a table where I was greeted with Mikey and Frank laughing their asses off, but Ray looked at me with a concerned look. "Are you okay?" He has worry on his eyes, enough to make Gerard say "I made sure to be gentle." And with that, Frank giggled. "That sounded So. Wrong." Gerard punched his arm, making him say ouch, but he didn't actually mean it. "Uhh, yeah. Fine. Just.. wasn't expecting to be slung over some greasy kids shoulder." And that made Frank laugh until he was grabbing his gut. Did that really.. never mind. "Wow. Don't gotta be so mean." He said, caressing my cheek with the back of his middle and index finger. He pulled a lock of hair gently behind my ear. I slapped his hand away, causing it to bounce onto the metal table. Then I saw someone sit next to me, but it was only Patrick. "Can I see you over there?" He whispered into my ear, pointing at the entrance. "Anything to get me away from this guy." He giggled, and grabbed my wrist. He grabbed right on the warn scars, but I'm about a month clean so they don't hurt to bad anymore.

When we got to the door, Patrick stared right into my eyes and said "How the fuck did you get Gerard to like you? He's the baddest kid in the whole school. He's beaten up almost every student, accept for me and my friends, because we avoid them at all costs. I was partners with him in science once, and he did nothing but fight with other guys the whole time. I had to do all the work, but it got us an A, so it didn't matter too much. After we got our grades he looked over and said 'Thanks, dude. I'll add you to my 'do not hurt list' anyone who gets me good grades goes there.' So, I'm in the clear." He took a huge gulp of water, because he was talking non stop for like 7 minutes, without taking a fucking breath. I giggled, because he can be so arrogant sometimes. "Look, Patrick. I'm not into him. He just has it out for me, in the good way. Plus, new friends." I put my hand onto his shoulder, and looked him in the eyes. "I'll be fine. You don't have to baby me." I saw a tear slip down his cheek. "Is this what it's like to see your child grow up?" I chuckled, and we headed back to our tables. "Sugar, why'd you leave?" He touched my thigh. That time I snapped. I slapped him clean across the face. "You NEVER touch any part of my body in that area or I'm calling the fucking police. Got it?" I sternly said, looking into his hazel eyes. He nodded, and seemed afraid. I stayed at their table and talked to Frank, Mikey, and Ray until the bell rang. It was nice to not be harassed by that kid for 2 seconds.

Then I realized.

I have the next two classes with him.

This is going to be agony.