First Date

"Hey sis," Riley smiles at Piper. She doesn't expect a reply; that the thing about Riley. She takes the time to really know a person. She knows Piper is always in her own head, and stresses out a lot.
"Hey, Ri!" Huh. Riley didn't see that coming.
"What's going on, Piper?"
"Nothing."
"If it was nothing, your smile would not cover that much of your face."
"I might have a date. As in my first ever date."
Riley squeals and immediately drops all the paperwork in her hands.
"Finn?"
"How did you-"
"Everyone knows!"
"So, James-"
"Uh huh. Obviously, he's not the most okay with it, but Eldon told him that Finn seems like a good guy. From at prom." She adds, at seeing her confused expression.
"I'm kind of nervous. We've been to the movies hundreds of times before, but that was as best friends. This is a date."
"Wait." Riley holds up her hand, "Amy?"
"Told me that I found my person and that I deserve to be with him."
"Trust you to make friends with the kindest person on the planet."
"I know!…I really thought she'd hate me forever."
"No one could hate you forever!"
"She's right." James emerges from the corridor. He puts his arms on Riley's shoulders. She looks up and their eyes meet. Piper will never get over how perfect they are together. They've been through everything together. And somehow, they always found their way back to each other. Her phone makes a buzzing sound and she jumps out of her thoughts.

Finn: 5 mins away x
Finn: quick question - I'm going on my first date with this girl. And I really, really like her. I am not messing this up. Any tips?

She laughs at her phone. Riley gives James a knowing look before leaning in to kiss him.

This was low-key so fun to write. Thank you for all the love. 💗💕💖💘