Valentine's Day (part 1)

Oh look, I managed to post before the ep! Yay!
IMPORTANT-
TW: Eating disorder described and talked about. I have not experienced an eating disorder myself; however I have done a lot of research to try my very best to tackle the matter sensitively. If this piece is in your opinion in any way problematic or offensive, if it perpetuates anything negative, know that this was entirely unintentional, I apologise, and please let me know asap. Lastly, if you are struggling with a situation like this, or have, understand that everyone has different ways of coping and healing and that yours are as valid as anyone else's and that you are strong. <3
set: 5 years into the future

Did I try to write 968697 different couples in a single oneshot and switch between fluff and angst every few paragraphs? Yes. Petition for me never to do that again.

Initially I was proud of this, but it's ehh now. Hope you guys enjoy. ♥️

《 Could you take care, of a broken soul? 》

He sighs happily as his eyes flutter open, shifting his position, searching blindly for the form of his girlfriend. He can't seem to find her. His hands wonder the sheets but sure enough, no girlfriend. He opens his eyes properly, and she's not lying next to him as usual.

His first instinct is to majorly panic. Bad stuff happens to sleeping girls all the time - he sees it on the news, which she makes him watch. 'It's calming, sort of.' In what way, Piper? But day after day he let her put her head on his chest as they heard about all the messed up events of their world. Because she was the most important thing to him. And it meant a lot to him that she felt safe.

"Pipes?" It's not much use; his voice is sleepy and hoarse. He hears the toilet flush, and his first thought is: no.

No, the universe wasn't doing this to her again, no, it wasn't possible, no, he was overthinking it, no, she'd been in a good patch. She'd been in a good patch. But things can change in an instant. Snap. Just like that.

He rushes to the bathroom, and his heart falls several storeys. She's leaning over the toilet, and her eyes are puffy and swollen from crying. Her hair is put up in a high ponytail with many loose strands, likely so it didn't get in her way as she was throwing up. As she was forcefully, making herself throw up. Because she didn't think she was good enough. To eat.

He wants to cry himself. But he's not allowed. He has to be strong, because, for her, this is a moment of weakness. So he swallows hard, and whispers,
"Hey,"
She turns and he must've failed at hiding how expression because the tears fall down her face. He sits down, opposite her, and uses some loo roll to wipe the mucus from the corners of her mouth. Just as she did the last time they did this, she looks away, ashamed. Which makes his job more difficult, but he doesn't say.
"I'm sorry." He shakes his head. After all this time, she still blamed herself.
"No, Piper. This is not your fault." He reaches out to hold her but she flinches.

She flinches away. She's never done that before.
"It's me." He tries again. Same response.
"Don't touch me." She stands up and backs into the wall. She feels the cold tiles on her back, she's only wearing on of his old t-shirts, and it's thin.

He hears her therapist's words.

She needs to know that you care. That you support her.

"I love you." He says, trying to disguise the worry in his voice, "I love you and I'm here for you."
"I can't." She shrinks against the wall. She looks frail and that terrifies him.
"Okay." He breathes a long breath, "that's okay. I know this is very difficult for you, and that I don't understand. Can I come over?"
"No. No, I can't. Go away." He can't see her like this. She can't keep putting him through this.
"I'm going to stay." He tries to sound as gentle but firm as he can.
"No. Finn, go away."
"Please!"