Annihilated (part 2)

For EzzaTNSFAN ♥️♥️
This oneshot is actual trash compared to the stuff they write, but, here. Also, you probs want to read p1 for context.

Ozzy trudges home, still processing all that had happened. Richelle, the person he cared most about in the world, was dating Heath. Heathcliff. His previous rival and now close friend. Piper was right, he needed to talk to them both. He did not intend to be the best man at their wedding. Just not today. He feels a raindrop splatter on his forehead. Yeah, today was not his favourite.

He knocks on the door. Typically, he'd forgotten his keys. He's a little surprised when his mum answers, still adorning her bright yellow washing up gloves.
"Where's Iz?" He asks, confused. He was looking forward to seeing his little sister. Unlike most siblings, they got on pretty well, and she could always make him feel better when he was lost or sad.
"You might be able to help me with that, young man," She replies, ruffling his hair.
"Soap!" He exclaims. His mother simply laughs. But then her expression changes. More serious.
"What?"
"It's Izzy. She came home and locked herself in her room. I haven't been able to lure her out. I don't know why she's upset."

In reality, Ozzy had three assignments due tomorrow, but family comes first. He tosses his dance bag by the entrance before heading upstairs.

Izzy had been in good spirits, that morning. She'd high-fived Jude as she strolled into rehearsal, winked at Ethan, and even received a smile back from Cleo as she took her place next to Maya.

Rehearsal was great. She was super excited about nationals; it was her first big opportunity in her dance career. If her team won, she'd look cool in front of her friends and be able to brag as much as Ozzy did at family gatherings.

It was lunch break where the day started to go downhill. It was chill at first, her, and Maya and Pete had gone to the Next Steep. She'd ordered several muffins and Pete was talking to her about some new tricks they could add in their freestyle section. Maya's brows had raised as Heath had walked in and casually sat down opposite them.

"Iz," He'd launched in, minus the hello, smiling at her. She couldn't help but grin at his presence. She'd really grown to like Heathcliff. After finding out they had stuff in common, they'd hung out more. They'd gone to an apocalypse movie together, Izzy had shown him her favourite batting cage in town (What, they were the best way to let out anger) and he'd shown her his favourite 80s dance club (she was surprised too). He was a good friend, and he always listened to her, unlike some people. Maya had a habit of interrupting her. "You'll never guess what?"

"Tell me!" She'd exclaimed.
"Guess!" He had teased.
"I don't know!" She'd shook her head, fake mad at him.
"I'm dating Richelle!"

She feels a lot of strange emotions arise in her. She'd felt…annoyed. Why did Heath dating annoy her? She also somehow had felt betrayed, but he'd done nothing to her. A new feeling bubbles in her throat. Like a cross between sad and confused. What was wrong with her? He was her friend and he had someone. That was good, good for him.

"Good for you." It somehow slips out with a sarcastic edge.
"Izzy?" He looks bewildered.
"I mean it," She says, but his face isn't convinced.
"I have to go." He'd given her a half smile, and she'd returned the gesture as he'd left.

"What was that about?" Pete had swivelled in  his chair as to make eye contact.
"I'm not sure. I just reacted, but not in the way I wanted to, I-"
"Isn't it obvious?" Maya cuts her off, a glint in her eye, "She likes him."