Silver Flowers

Okay, yes this has a similar theme to my previous oneshot, but it's entirely different. For alwaysaugst and only them. You're amazing!

《 In another life, I would be your girl

"She's gone." Kingston explains to Ozzy, a hurt expression on his face, "She wasn't there this morning so I called her Mum and she didn't come home last night. I'm really worried about her. We had a massive fight." He pauses, "I...I didn't hit her but-"

And then, he's slammed up against the wall, held up by his shirt, fist in his neck. He gasps.
"Did you hurt her?" Finn asks, anger blazing in his eyes. He doesn't respond. "Kingston, I swear to God, I will kill you." He shakes his head. "I don't believe you." He pushes him harder against the bricks, ignoring Ozzy's protests. Kingston groans.
"Finn!" At her voice, the taller boy closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath as he lets him go."Why did you do that?" Piper doesn't seem mad, more concerned. She puts her hands in his.
It registers with him what he just did.
"Oh," His voice breaks, "Oh, I didn't-" He turns, "Kingston, I'm so sorry. I don't know what got into me, it's just, Lily. If something happened to her, I..." Nostalgia and hurt flood him as the memories invade.

"Got you!" The six-year-old yells, proudly, as he completely obliterates his best friend with a water gun.
"Finn, stop!" The brunette squeals. She swivels and starts filling up her own water gun as she is positively drenched. After what feels like forever, it's locked and loaded. "Aha!" She chides as she retaliates. The blue eyed boy stumbles backward in the grass as the water strikes him. He scrambles up and ducks behind an overgrown bush. There. Prime position. He can easily target her, but it will be a lot harder for her to nail him. Lily holds her gun up despairingly as once again, she is losing.

But just then, a miracle. Finn's gun runs out of juice. He has to move to fill it up again. Lily doesn't let this opportunity go to waste. He's dripping when they're called for lunch.

"Kids, come on in!" Angela smiles.

Finn wasn't her even her child, but he was the favourite. That place, Lily's house, was his save haven. No arguing parents, no distressed sister, just him and his preferred family.

His eyes scan the room, searching for anyone who can possibly understand what he's feeling. He lands on Kenzie, who has been watching the whole scene unfold. As soon as they acknowledge each other, she's by his side.

"I know." She whispers, "Not as well as you, but I know."
"I'm sorry." He says again to Kingston.
"Hey, it's okay. She is, your, you guys are...there's history?" Truth is, he has not much of a clue on why Finn appears to be so protective of her.
"Yeah. There is. So, what happened, man?"
Kingston gulps.
"It was bad. But she was mean about my mum. We'd had dinner with her," He expands. "And Lily had gotten the impression that mum didn't like her. I got pretty offended by that, because she was so welcoming, she really made an effort. She pushed and I said, if anything, Mum just wasn't used to her, well, you know."
"We actually don't." Ozzy pats his shoulder.
"Lily and Miss Angela have a certain amount of money, and that means that they are comfortable acting a certain way-" He looks down ashamedly as he said it.
"You called her a snob?" Kenzie clarifies.
"Not exactly...yeah."
"Ouch." Piper comments.
"And then she called my mum poor and uncivilised. I don't think she at all meant it but-"
"She was reflecting back onto you. As a defence mechanism." Finn finishes.
"Exactly. And I sort of lost it and I think she thought that I was about to hit her because she flinched away sort of, but I swear, I wasn't."
"And now she's gone?" Finn questions.
"It's all my fault."
"It is." Finn says harshly. And then, quietly, "Sorry. Where could she be?"
"Okay, I'm glad that you care, but dude, she's my girlfriend, so why?" Kingston snaps a little.
"I'm her best man."