Annihilated (part 3)

Ok repeat after me: this. is. a. mess. Omg, it's actually horrible, if it fails, might take it down. But here it is. Requested by you. ♥️

What's up with you two?" Their mum inquires, as she places two bowls of cereal in front of them. Usually, she's not for sugary cereals - she's all about the kale, to Izzy and Ozzy's despair- but after seeing her children's expressions, she figures they need the energy. They both look drained.
"Nothing." Her son replies quickly. He thinks she doesn't notice his eyes flick to his younger sister, making sure she doesn't slip up.
"Yeah, we're cool." Iz even smiles, "You look nice today." Compliments. From Izzy? Their mother crosses her arms. Normally, her kids are very open about any issues they have. She prides herself on that.
"Is something happening at the Studio?"
"You win." Her daughter grumbles, "we're doing auditions for the female soloist at Nationals today. I'm nervous."

Genius! Izzy was a genius, he thinks. She didn't get nervous often, she got excited, but when she did, the best thing for her was to leave her be. The whole family knew that. His mum doesn't seem fully satisfied, but she returns to the washing so he guesses they've avoided further interrogation. He wolfs down his breakfast. He does get nervous, not that he likes to show it, and stress-eating is a habit of his. He was going to tell her how he really felt. Part of him wonders why he's so worried. He'd pledged his undying love to her. But that was always sort of, not taken seriously. This was serious. Real.

As soon as their mother leaves them alone, all she can think about is Heath. Heath's smile, Heath's hair, Heath's eyes, Heath's laugh - his laugh was so cute. Ok, she refocuses, today I have to tell him. Oh, why? It was so much easier to bottle all her emotions and then have a break down at the smallest thing in a few weeks. And, Richelle. That was how high his standards were. Richelle. The best dancer. The blondest dancer. She looks to her brother. He's eating at an extraordinary pace. Yep, he was feeling it too.

The second they're out the door, they both breathe sighs of relief.
"Ozzy, I don't want to." She blurts.
"Yeah, neither do I." He grinds his teeth, "But it's the right thing to do."
"Mhm."
"I love you." He says encouragingly, "That wasn't hard."
"I love you too," She feels herself become just a little more confident, "Ok."

They catch the bus and then when they arrive at the Studio, she turns off into Studio One.
"Wait." She swivels. "Are we talking to them together, or one on one, or…?"
"One on one, I think is good. Let them handle the rest." She nods and heads back in her direction.
"Wait."
She runs back to him and throws her arms around him. She feels him smile.
"Have a good day, sis." He says as he releases her.
"Have a good day, brother."

He tries his best to keep his distance from the both of them. Fortunately for him, they seem to be avoiding him too.
"Hey, man," He looks up to see a taller, blue eyed boy talking to him, "You okay?"
"I guess so." He starts working on the turning section, and Finn joins him.
"Bros!" Kingston heads over, grinning like an idiot, "How we doing?" He says 'we' but his eyes are trained on his best friend.
"We're fine." He's blunt, but he doesn't want to talk about it. Not until he's spoken to her.

Henry's in a difficult situation. Because right now, Ozzy and Kingston and Finn are rehearsing together, and he's practicing with Heath. So, it feels like sides are being taken.  But, truth be told, he wants to be with his old bros. His deepest loyalty is to them. But he can't leave Heath alone. That's just cruel. He can only think of one solution, and it's not ideal.
"Heath, do you wanna go work on some moves with the other guys?" He knows the response he's going to get.
"Sure."