Chapter Sixty Six

"Psst! Wake up!"

You groaned in complaint, receding further into the covers. You felt Kakashi stir beside you and he did the same, using the arm already around you to pull you further into his chest.

"Uh... excuse me? I need you both to get up now."

You blinked away the brightness of day to find Shizune standing at the tent entrance with a face as red as a tomato.

Looking around, you realized what got her so flustered.

Kakashi's clothes and your gown were scattered on the ground. Both of you were stark naked and entwined in tousled sheets.

"Sh*t..." You sat up and rubbed the back of your neck in embarrassment. "Sorry, Shizune. I-"

An arm snaked around your waist and pulled you back down. "Five more minutes..." Kakashi grumbled as he pulled you back into his arms.

"Kashi, get off me you oaf!" You struggled to get out of his grasp but didn't get very far.

Shizune still stood by the tent flap, kicking at a patch of dead grass as she waited.

You wriggled around in Kakashi's arms, turning now to face him. His face was mainly obscured by his hair and you brushed it out of the way and lightly slapped his cheek. "Kakashi, I'm gonna need you to unhand me and put some clothes on." You glanced back at Shizune. "We have a guest." You seethed.

He started to come to his senses, blinking awake as he took in the situation. He looked over to see Shizune and swore under his breath.

"Son of a-"

"Yes, now get up." You demanded.

He unwound his arms from your waist and slid out of bed, walking over to the mess of clothes on the ground.

You couldn't help but rake your gaze up and down him as he leaned over to pick up his pants. Biceps flexed as he reached for his clothes. He finished zipping up his pants and turned to slip his shirt on. Your eyes slid across the hard planes of his back and your mouth went dry.

He glanced back at you and saw the look on your face. He smirked and spent a little too long sliding the fabric of his top over his rock hard abs.

You saw the mischievous look on his face and held up your hand, gifting him with an obscene gesture. He returned it as he chucked your gown at your head.

Before you could let a rainbow of curses come from your mouth, Shizune coughed loudly.

You threw the blankets off and got out of bed, spending a little too long slipping the white gown over your body.

A guttural sound came from Kakashi's throat and you glanced up to find him staring intensely at the ground and slipping his hands into his pockets as he tried to adjust his pants.

"I-I'm here to check up on (Y/N)."

Both of you turned to face Shizune who finally glanced up to meet your eyes. "S-so, Kakashi. If y-you could please l-leave..."

The silver haired man nodded. "I understand. I'll be back with some food." He walked towards the tent flap, tousling your hair as he passed.

"Kakashi..." You warned.

"Play nice, (Y/N)." He waved back as he left you with Shizune.

The woman cleared her throat. "If you could please take a seat..."

You sat on the edge of the bed, grimacing at the tangled sheets. There was no hiding what happened last night from the poor Hokage's assistant.

"Did you... get a good night of sleep?" She asked nervously. Her face turned bright red as she realized the answer.