Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Ahsoka POV:

I held my baby skin to skin while my mother watched us both. I looked down at her and she was sleeping. I knew what her name was the moment I saw her; however, I haven't told anyone. My mother still thinks I haven't chosen a name for her yet so she keeps telling me pretty names. I appreciate it since I don't have a middle name for her yet.

"Oh, how about Aria!" I look at my baby and think. Ruby Aria Tano. I like it. It's simple but lovely and perfect for her.

"I like it," I tell her and she grins. "So her name is Aria?"

I smile. "Yes," I say and watch my mother's expression. She grins and walks over to Ruby. "Oh my Aria," she says and touches her hand.

"It's her middle name," I say, and my mother looks at me with a raised eye marking. "Middle name?"

I nod. "Yes her name is Ruby."

My mother looks surprised then smiles. "It's perfect! Ruby Aria Tano!" She kisses Ruby's hand and smiles.

Ruby Aria Tano. I smile.

•••

I walk out of the hospital with Ruby. Mom really wanted to help us but she had to work and her boss didn't allow her to leave early again. I told mom to leave a car for me to leave with Ruby.

I buckle Ruby up in her car seat and go straight home.

Going home I think about how I got into labor and laugh. It was embarrassing. I hope that the nice stranger that helped me is doing good. I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't been there. 

We arrive home and Ruby's still sleeping so I carefully take the car seat out of the car and unlock the door. 

I'm home ... with a baby. 

I look down at Ruby and smile.

I walk upstairs slowly to her nursery. Mother and I decorated it ourselves. 

Carefully taking her out of the car seat, I kiss her forehead and place her in her crib. 

I stayed in the room with her because I couldn't bring myself to leave her. I carried her for 9 months and it felt odd to not be with her. She looked peacefully sleeping.

I was getting hungry but I didn't want to leave her but I knew I had to be healthy for her. So I reluctantly went to the kitchen and got food for myself. 

I was almost finished when there was a knock on the door.

---

☆Hope y'all liked the chapter, longer chapters are coming!!

~xoxo <3

6.23.20 

EDITED