Sibling Bond

Chapter 17:

Anakin POV:

*Earlier the same day*

Ring

Ring

I groan at the sound of my phone. I look over at my nightstand and I check who it is. Padme. Of course she would call at this time of hour. I grab my phone and answer it.

"Hello," I say with a very tired tone. I was indeed very tired. She laughs, "Hey. You sound tired." I roll my eyes "Really I didn't know!" I say sarcastically. "Anyways I called to see if you wanted to come over since it's been a while we hung out." That's true it's been a while. "Sure why not." Even though I couldn't see her I know she's grinning, "Great I'll see you later." She hangs up and I get out of bed. I walk out my room to the kitchen.

I grab a granola bar off the table and unwrap it taking a bite. I walk over to Obi Wan room and see he's already gone. Rex is also gone. Both of them probably went for a run. I look at the time and it's 8. I don't know how people can wake up at 5 and go for a run. Like I'm all about keeping fit but I need my rest. I go sit on the couch and turn on the tv. I scroll through what to watch but nothing catches my eye so I turn it off. Right when I take the finishing bite of my granola bar there's a knock on the door. Obi Wan? No he would just walk in yelling at me to wake up. Or to just yell at me. Rex? Nah he comes home late anyways.

I go to the door and open it. I'm surprised at who I see. It's her. I haven't seen her in a while. I always found her creepy or paranoid but I don't know she's probably been through things. We weren't really friends, just people who knew each other's name. She always wanted to be close to me but me not really. Obi Wan called it an "obsession" and I didn't like it. Eventually she left Tatooine and I never knew where she went. Not that I cared but right now she's standing at my door after about 2 years.

I look at her and her eyes seem to be looking at something else. I follow her gaze and see she's looking at my bare chest. Shit. All I have on are some loose sweatpants and socks nothing else. She clears her throat, "Anakin." I look up at her and she smiles. "Barriss." I respond which makes her smile wider. "What are you doing here?" I finally ask, her smile fades away and I roll my eyes. "Not very enthusiastic to see me." She's says while trying to slip her way in the apartment but I block her move with my arm. "No, not very much." She looks up at me and glares at me. "What are you doing here?" I ask again, she rolls her eyes "Can I not see an old friend." Friend? "We we're never friends Barriss. We just knew each other through other people." She looks at me and smiles. "I guess so," she begans trailing one of her fingers over my chest which makes me shiver. The feeling doesn't feel right so I grab her hand which makes her pride lower down. "Well it was nice seeing you Anakin," she stands on her toes and plants a kiss on my cheek which instantly feels wrong. "I have another old friend I need to see." She then comes closer to me and whispers in my ear, "Maybe next time I'll be the one half naked." Then she leaves.

I shut the door close and run to take a shower. The feeling she left on me feels cold and it's unbearable. I strip my clothes off and jump in the shower. I let the warm water hit me until the feeling is gone. I finish and I go get dressed to visit Padme.

Once I'm dressed I grab my keys and leave. I turn my speeder on and head to Padme apartment. It's not like my own, her's is about 7 times bigger. My apartment is fine for just me and my brothers. Padme lives alone so I don't know why she bothers having such a big one. Well technically mom and dad gave it to her, they tried to give me my own but I refused. I was grateful but I never grew up with a lot of money so I was fine with the small apartment.

Rex usually leaves early in the morning with his other friends he had met at a bar the other night. I didn't go that night because I didn't feel like to. Obi Wan and him came back home drunk. Their "new friends" had dropped them off. I'd say it's their nicknames because they didn't sound like real names. If I remember right their names were: Cody, Fives, Echo, Hardcase, Hevy and Kix. They we're cool.