Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Ahsoka POV:

The knock on the door, makes me drop the pictures I had in my hand.

Padme was coming over because she wanted to drop off some baby clothes for Ruby. I didn't mind.

Ruby's sleeping. Her routine is: Wake up, eat, sleep, cry, eat, sleep. And then it goes on and on again. 

I probably look terrible but since it's only Padme, I don't care.

I have on gray sweatpants, a loose white t-shirt, and black socks. I probably have dark circles under my eyes. I am tired. I didn't realize how tiring caring for a baby is. But I wouldn't change Ruby for anything. She was the best thing that has happened to me in a while. She's a blessing to me.

I pick the photo up and place it on the island, before opening the door.

I open the door and my eyes widen. Padme has a grin on but Anakin stands right beside her.

"'Soka!" Padme says. She wraps her arms around me and I slowly do the same as my eyes wander beside her. Anakin smirks at me and I roll my eyes at him.

"Padme," I say when we break apart. "Come in," I open the door wider for them. They come in and sit on the chairs around the island.

I shut the door and sit with them.

"I hope you don't mind I brought Anakin along with me. He was bored."

I glance over at Anakin, he's looking around. He knows.

"It's fine," I answer.

Padme sighs in relief. She stands before handing me a bag of baby clothes.

"Here," I take the bag and it's heavy.

"You know you didn't have to buy the whole shop for Ruby," I say.

Padme shrugs but I see the smile she has. She looks like a proud aunt. "Anything for my niece."

I glance at Anakin and he's looking down at the picture. I look down at the picture and when I look back up, his eyes meet my own mine.

Confusion is on his face but I look away.

It's a picture of me and Kalen. We're hugging.

"I'll go take this upstairs right quick." I'm about to walk upstairs when Padme speaks.

"I'll go with you. I need to see her again." I smile but then look at Anakin when he speaks.

"Can I join?" he asks quickly. Padme looks at him with uncertainty on her face so I answer.

"Sure," I say and quickly walk upstairs. As if that will get me away from him.

I open the door to Ruby's room and she's sleeping in her crib.

I walk in and then open the door wider for them to come on. Padme walks over to her. I refuse to look at Anakin when he comes in.

I close the door quietly and then place the bag on the small chair for me to fold later.

I lean against the wall crossing my arms, while they look at Ruby. 

"Adorable," Padme says with a grin. I smile because she is. 

Anakin turns and looks at me.

"A girl," he says.

"Yeah," I answer. "I had a girl."

He smiles. It's not a cocky one. No, it's a genuinely natural smile. And it's adorable.

"She looks like you," he says with a smile. Which is true.