Confessions

Chapter 19:

Ahsoka POV:

I watch as Padme brushes her long brown hair. When I was younger I always wanted hair but every since I've seen Padme struggling to brush out her tangles I was fine with my lekkus.

I should be at home with Ruby since it's been one month Ruby was born! One month! I remember the day I broke my water at the store. Embarrassing. But to my luck he was there. Anakin. He was so sweet. I'm glad I have him in my life. I bring my index finger and brush it over my lips. Anakin had gave them a small kiss there when he brought me back home yesterday. Yesterday was a lot. First mother and I went to go shopping then someone from my past shows up. And then Anakin. I'm not complaining about him though. I'm in mix emotions for what happened yesterday. I haven't been able to think straight.

Everything is happening so fast. Memory after memory with her.

Her first smile.

Her first bath.

Her first cry.

Her first toy.

Her first night at home.

She's going to be a lot to handle when she learns how to walk. I love her so much and there's nothing I wouldn't do to keep her safe. My time with her was short and interrupted by my phone starting to ring. It was Padme, she wanted for me and Aayla to come over for "Code Red" and she wouldn't say anything else over the phone. I had to wake my mother up for her to take care of Ruby. Now that I think about it I make her watch Ruby way more than I realise it.

So here I am in Padme apartment in her bedroom with her and Aayla.

My thoughts are interrupted when I feel a light sting on my arm.

"Ow," I rub the spot on my arm until the stinging goes away, "What was that for?" I look at my two best friends waiting for an response. "Ahsoka were you even listening to what we were saying?" I look at Padme and then Aayla. They were talking?

"Y-Of course." They both narrow their eyes at me and I roll my eyes. "No. Happy?" Padme laugh, "Always," Her face turns serious again after a while. "But this is important. I already filled Aayla in while you we're thinking about Anakin and Ruby." My eyes widen and she smirks. "Wha..How did you.." She laughs again, "Please I could never forget about Ruby's day today and your mother...she gave me a call last night about you and a certain someone." Well that's not a surprise.

"Of course she did." I clear my throat, "What exactly are we here for Padme?" Immediately she looks shocked. "Barriss!?" She yells out. My eyes widen, "How..what?" She sighs. "Anakin." What did she just say Anakin? How does he know her? "Anakin met Barriss on Tatooine. He came over yesterday and told me she came by his apartment yesterday." I'm instantly filled with all different emotions. I look over to Aayla, she's been silent the while time. "Aayla?" She looks over at me and smiles softly. "What's wrong?" She looks down and sighs before looking back at us. "It's just...I..I'm worried for you Ahsoka. You've told us about her! She's dangerous. And out of no where she comes back! I'm afraid that she'll..." Before she can finish, tears start coming out of her eyes.

Padme and I go over to her and comfort her. "Shhh." We both say. "Ahsoka?" I look over at her, "Yes?" She wipes her tears away before answering. "Be careful." I smile softly at her, "Always." I say to her. And myself too because I do need to. I already made my mother move in with me. Barriss is no joke. She is dangerous. I can protect myself, but what about the people I love? I couldn't even protect my-

"Now let's talk about something else." I look at Aayla and she has a smirk on her face, no trace that she was crying a few minutes ago. I look over at Padme and she has the same expression on her face. "What's going on between you and Anakin?" Aayla ask, I look at her wishing she is joking but I know she's not. "Yea Soka?" Padme adds.