Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Ahsoka POV:

"So Ahsoka, do you have family here?" Obi-Wan asks while we're heading to the beach.

"I do," I answer.

"That's nice," he responds. 

I glance at him and he's stroking his beard. I don't know him very but he seems comfortable to be around. Might as well try to make conversation.

"How was Tatooine?" I ask.

Anakin glances at me for a second and I shrug.

"It was...not bad. We were glad to be helping the people in need." I smile at the answer.

"I'm glad then."

We don't say much after that and soon we arrive. Padme and the others are already there. I get out and so do they.

"I hate this," Anakin mumbles. Obi-Wan simply laughs at him and I chuckle.

"It's just the beach," I say, but that doesn't seem to help. He groans.

"It's...sand," he says and cringes to himself.

We walk to Padme and the others and she smiles.

"Took y'all long enough," she says. I look around and see there's an amusement park. 

"Instead of the beach," I start saying, "why not hang out at the amusement park?"

"I agree," Anakin responds quickly. I roll my eyes. 

"Sure why not?" Padme responds. Aayla nods.

That's all the confirmation we needed and started walking to the amusement park. When we got to the ticket booth, the person in charge looked bored.

"How many?"

"Six adults."

They told us the number of credits we owed and Padme was going to pay but Obi-Wan stopped her.

"Let me."

Padme looked like she was going to argue but I gave her a look and she closes her mouth. 

They handed us six bracelets and we put them on.

"Where to?" Rex asked when we walked through the gates.

There were rides and games, but where to start?

"Let's start slow and see where it leads us," Obi-Wan suggested. We all nodded. 

So that was what we did.

We rode the carousel and when I was about to hop on a horse, a pair of hands placed themselves firmly on my waist and helped me. I froze but then saw his wavey hair. 

Aayla must have seen because when I glanced around to see if anyone else saw, her eyes met mine. Her eyes were wide but then she smirked.

I turned to Anakin. "I could have done that on my own."

He smiled. "Couldn't resist myself."

I felt heat creep on my cheeks so I looked away.

After that, I couldn't help to think how oddly good that felt. His hands on me. It gave me butterflies.

We were now going to ride the Ferris wheel. 

"I can't," Aayla said. "Heights are not my thing."

"Oh, come one," Rex said trying to persuade her to come. "It'll be fun. It's not like you'll fall out when we're on the highest point."