A Sixth Harmony Christmas part one

The house was covered in silver, red, green and gold, it had snowman and santa sitting on ledges. There was a nativity scene displayed out on the mantel. The tree was topped with a gold and metal star. The girls sat on the couch admiring past two hours worth of work.

Normani's P.O.V
I was excited but also sad. I was spending Christmas with some of my best friends but not at all with my family. I don't even up get to see my parents in person for at least a month. On a better note I doubt that this Christmas is going to be boring, at all, to any extent. Being with these girls when they aren't tired is a little bit like being with a group of five year olds who just drank about three cups of coffee, and that was their very first time even trying coffee.(A/N that is actually how I describe my friends when we're not serious or tired)

We were thinking of what to do tonight. We all wanted to go to church because we always do but we also wanted to incorporate everyone's family's tradition. All of us had very strong traditions that we grew up with or were apart of creating. One of our biggest traditions was being with our families but that can't happen this year. At least I get to be with my second family.

Demi said "we have to read ' 'twas the night before Christmas' I do that with my family every year and that is not a tradition I am breaking". We agreed and continued to think about our most important traditions. Ally said "what do y'all want for dinner tonight". Dinah said "how about we all make something in secret and then we can have a bit of everyone's taste". Camila said "sounds good".

Ally being the punctual person she is said "we can figure out the rest later, if we want to be at five o'clock mass we need to start getting ready". I said "dibs on first shower upstairs". Dinah caught on faster than the others and said "dibs on downstairs shower first". Camila said "dibs on kitchen". Lauren said "I'll go after Mani". Ally said "I'll take the kitchen or the other shower doesn't matter to me". Demi said "you can shower Ally I'll work in the kitchen". Ally nodded at her.

We went to our designated places and the people who didn't have a first shift went to there rooms, probably to pick out clothes. I showered and wrapped myself in a towel dress and put another towel over my shoulders for my hair. I shouted "LO SHOWERS FREE". She ran down the hall to me and said "thank Mani". I said "Lo you forgot your shower caddy". She groaned and went back down the hall into our room. We all have shower caddies because we are girls and we have a lot of shower stuff, too much for the rack in the shower so we got plastic coloured caddies for our stuff to keep us organized.

I went to my room as Lauren was leaving again. I heard Lauren shut the door. One great thing about having her as a roommate is that she always shuts the door all the way, it's one of her biggest pet peeves and she thinks that if she always closes the door completely other people will too. I don't if it works but it is very helpful.

I got dressed and brushed my hair. It was still wet so I blow dried it and brushed over again. I put on a light coat of makeup. It's church no need to hide my face in the presence of God. I checked myself in the mirror as Lauren was finishing her hair. I heard the shower closer to us shut off so Camila must be done. There was a rhythmic pounding of feet going up to comfort my idea.

I went into the kitchen to find Dinah stirring a bowl of dry ingredients. She said "Mani get out! It's supposed to be a surprise. You can't see a surprise". She escorted me forcefully out of the kitchen and I went back to my room. Lauren was in front of the mirror doing her eyeliner. I sat on my bed and went onto Twitter. I tweeted out "getting ready for church. Merry Christmas everyone, love you all". I browsed through my feed but didn't find anything new or interesting. Just a lot of Christmas wishes. Ally said "five minutes girls lets hustle".

(After church)
We all sat on the couch again wiped out. We had gone to church and because it was the family mass it included a whole lot of crying, yelling, shouting kids. Mass was really hard for Dinah because she is the youngest and she has little siblings and it all reminded her of home. There was a few times when I thought she was going to start crying, especially when the minister said "have a merry Christmas and enjoy the time with your families" it really hot her hard that she wasn't going home with her family. We had a lovely dinner and no ones dish was a disaster, Demi's cheese and ham biscuits had to go back into the oven because they weren't cook but they were salvageable.

We started to fall asleep on each other, tangled in a mess of arms and legs (I was going to says limbs but that made me think of a pile of dead bodies so I didn't). Ally said loudly startling us all back to full consciousness "Wait guys we can't go to sleep yet we still have a few more things to do".