ii. Smile

WHEN ALICE PULLED up in front of the complex, 2 of 3 of the boys were asleep

"Wake up, we're here," Seokjin tapped onto both Jimin and Jungkook's shoulders. Jungkook's eyes fluttered open before he yawned and looked around like a lost bunny.

"Oh! We're home!" he raised his eyebrows in excitement. Jimin's eyes were still closed, which wasn't a surprise. You'd need to blow at least thirty whistles at once to wake this boy up. You could hit him with a car and he wouldn't even flinch awake.

"I'll get our stuff," Seokjin suggested and got out of the car, Jungkook following soon after he offered to help.

Alice's gaze shifted to Jimin, his head leaned on the window as his arms were crossed over his chest comfortably. She almost didn't want to wake him up. Despite not even saying a word to him since he got in the car, she wanted him to rest as much as he could. He had traveled country through country for nine months straight, and when they could finally have a break, Alice was happy more than ever. Just seeing him look out the window in pure joy earlier was enough to drain her of her worries of the night.

Though, as Seokjin took out the last suitcase she knew it was time to wake him up.

Her arm slowly stretched out before she gently tapped his shoulder.

"Jimin, wake up, sleepyhead," she said quietly before applying more force onto his shoulder when his eyes didn't open.

God, I hope he's not dead, she thought.

"Jimin!" Alice said louder this time, smiling a bit when she saw his eyes open.

"What?" he mumbled and furrowed his eyebrows, sitting up slowly.

"You're home, come on," she stated before unbuckling his seatbelt, and then hers. She opened her car door and walked to Seokjin and Jungkook, who were standing by the suitcases.

"Are the others already up?" she asked them.

"Yeah, they got home about ten minutes ago," Jungkook said while putting his phone back into his pocket.

"Where is that boy?" Seokjin complained sarcastically and went to the passenger seat door, opening it. Jimin's body then leaned out and before he could fall out of the car completely, Seokjin stopped him with his large hands.

"Come on, Jimin, let's go home already," he lazily shook his body. Jimin slowly climbed out of the car, and it was obvious he was half awake. His eyes were half closed with his eyebrows slightly furrowed as if he were flinching from the sunlight, except it was pitch black then. Jungkook giggled to himself when he remarked that Jimin looked drunk.