xviii. Rain

IT WAS RAINING that morning

Alice straightened out her jacket as she fixed her appearance in the mirror, brushing out her hair with her fingers. It was another day of school and then work, and she couldn't wait to tell Nari about her date with Minjun the next day. The days had passed quickly and her anticipation was rising massively. She had already planned her outfit, spending nearly 40 minutes because she was unsure on what girls even wear to dates.

As she grabbed onto her bag, she heard a door open behind her, and she turned around. Her eyes landed on a grumpy Jimin, obviously just woken up.

"Good morning," she smiled sweetly, walking toward her shoes. "Make sure you eat the breakfast in the fridge I made."

"Mmm," Jimin grumbled and rubbed his face, stretching his back a bit.

"Are you really going to eat it?" She raised her eyebrows. His hands fell from his face as he looked at her, unamused, almost scowling.

"Yeah," he said.

"Don't lie to me, Jimin," her face fell along with her tone. "If it's happening again-"

"Oh my god, Alice," he rolled his head back and dryly chuckled. "Get off my back. Can't you worry about yourself for once in your life? Because you really need to," he raised his eyebrows at her.

Alice's face fell from his words, her eyes still met with his. His face didn't change from his cold appearance.

"Fine," she scoffed. "I'll take your word for it, because I know you wouldn't lie to me," she spat and slammed the door on her way out.

Jimin clenched his fists in frustration as he fell onto the couch, immediately closing his eyes. He sighed, opening his eyes and staring at the ceiling.

Being at the studio was a bit harder than usual for him that day. When he showed up, the boys could automatically tell something was wrong because of his silence and his straight face. When they'd ask him, he'd simply brush it off saying he had a late night.

Though, when Jimin fell -for it seemed like the fifth time that day- during a dance routine, Namjoon became extra worried.

"Jimin-ah, is everything okay?" Namjoon raised his eyebrows while putting his hand out to help Jimin up from the ground, which he ignored.

He just simply nodded, panting as he rubbed the spot on his body he fell on.

"Where does it hurt?" Jungkook sat beside him.

"No," Jimin curled his knees up to his chest, wiping off the sweat on his forehead. A lump grew in his throat as more of them crowded around him, and he couldn't hide the tears stinging his eyes. 

"Are you crying?" Jungkook noticed and blinked.

Those three words were enough for Jimin's tears to finally spill as he rushed to wipe them away. Though, it seemed no use as they kept coming.