xxxii. Shatter

THE MORNING AFTER, Alice poured herself a cup of coffee as she wallowed in her own pity

THE MORNING AFTER, Alice poured herself a cup of coffee as she wallowed in her own pity. Not only was she a bit hungover, she had about an ounce of sleep despite laying in the comfort of Jungkook's cotton sheets and fluffy blankets.

She brought the mug to her lips, hissing slightly when the coffee reached her tongue and burnt it. She impatiently set the mug down, rolling her head back to relieve her shoulder pain even if it was only a little.

"Oh, good morning," a deep, raspy voice startled Alice as she turned around from the counter, her eyes landing on a half-awake Yoongi. "What are you doing here?" He asked while yawning.

"Jungkook let me sleep here for the night because Jimin brought a girl home," she explained, but saying that last part was a bit more difficult than she thought.

"Oh, right," he nodded. "Hoseok said he went to Namjoon's," he said before walking toward the coffee maker, preparing his own mug.

"Sorry for barging in," she bit her lip.

"No, it's okay. It's not your fault Jimin is reckless," Yoongi nonchalantly said, causing a laugh to fall out of her lips.

She still felt a bit bad for staying at that house all of a sudden, so she felt it was better to get back to home. It was a few floors down, anyways. She hurriedly finished the rest of her coffee and gathered her things in her purse, including her clothes from last night she didn't bother to change into, considering it was inevitably going to be extremely uncomfortable. She'd just return Jungkook's pajamas later, because it's not like they live far away from one another.

She knew she was going to have to walk into a house where Jimin was most likely in his bed with the girl from the night before, but as long as she sprinted to her room, it should be okay, right? Since Jimin told her that it had to be a secret that she lived there, she had to avoid them anyways.

But, she was surprised to see Jimin, awake and in the living room when she walked inside.

Jimin's head turned at the sound of the door, and after seeing Alice standing there, he immediately stood up and walked toward her.

She looked at him in shock, for he actually looked quite okay for being drunk last night and sleeping with a girl. He looked... composed, and it made Alice wonder whether or not he had actually brought the girl home. She wasn't anywhere to be found either, because there wasn't any shoes at the door that didn't belong to the three who lived there.

"Where were you?" Jimin stitched his eyebrows together as he asked her with a low voice.

"Wh-I was at Jungkook's," she replied, pointing to the ceiling to motion toward Jungkook's house a few floors up.